We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in Nassau

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
884 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Layover in Nassau

Hi all,

I've stayed at Orange Hill on previous layovers in Nassau, on my way to Long Island.

I was just wondering if anyone has another recommendation for an inexpensive hotel, near the airport for a one night layover? I'd like to have a restaurant and bar on site. Otherwise, nothing fancy as it's just one night (arriving in Nassau about 4:30 pm, leaving the next morning at 8ish.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Long Island
Long Island
Out Islands
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover in Nassau

Orange Hill is the least expensive hotel near the airport. Other options are Compass Point, A Stone's Throw Away, or any of the Cable Beach hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
1,914 Reviews
New Providence Island
Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
884 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover in Nassau

Thanks Dusty! I hoped you'd chime in.

I just thought I'd try something different this trip. I'll take a peek at your recommendations!

Safe travels.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover in Nassau

HSSTRAVLER how was your stay at Orange HIll? I have reserved a cottage there for a few nights prior to heading over to Staniel Cay

Mentioned in this post
Staniel Cay
Staniel Cay
Out Islands
Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover in Nassau

The hotel is fine and the people are very nice, but the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. If you don't plan on eating there a lot you will enjoy the stay. Certainly the price is about as good as it gets in Nassau.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 01:12
Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
New Brunswick
Level Contributor
267 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Layover in Nassau

Thanks. We are planning to cook most of our meals as the cottage has a kitchenette. Do you recall if there is a barbeque for guest to use on the property?

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
884 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Layover in Nassau

I like Orange Hill. The food is nothing exciting - but it soaks up the beer. If I were staying for more than just a quick layover, I'd eat elsewhere. ;There is a big brick BBQ. Not sure if it works or if it is for guests. Call them and ask.

I checked the other places Dusty mentions above, but have decided to stick with Orange Hill.

Safe travels!

Mentioned in this post
toronto
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Layover in Nassau

Not sure when you are going but there is a special rate deal at the Sheraton Cable Beach until Dec 31

$119- $129. Cheers Dan

Mentioned in this post
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
1,914 Reviews
New Providence Island
8. Re: Layover in Nassau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:17