We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just 40 days until I'm back in the Bahamas!

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just 40 days until I'm back in the Bahamas!

Which isn't soon enough!!

This time instead of flying myself down like I did last June, I'll be riding in the passenger seat in my friends plane (same make and model Cessna that I flew last time)

I'll be staying again at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club for 4 nights. After that instead of visiting Mayaguana and Rum Cay however, I'll be hoping over to South Andros for 5 nights to dive with Jesse.

I just got my scuba cert in August so i'm very excited to use it and I've heard wonderful things about the diving in Andros.

After that it's off to the Atlantis for 3 nights where I'll do more diving out of Stuart's Cove as well as the Shark Encounter that they offer.

I'll end it by stopping by in Great Harbor Cay for lunch at the Beach Club restaurant, just a 2 min walk from the airport and then spend the next night in West Palm Beach before flying home the following day.

Man I am just so psyched to be returning again to my favorite destination in the ENTIRE WORLD!!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just 40 days until I'm back in the Bahamas!

I'll be looking for some underwater pics of Andros! We didn't get to dive when we were there due to weather.

I am still trying to get back to Long Island at the beginning of November (CLT to FLL on US AIr then Choice to Stella Maris).

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just 40 days until I'm back in the Bahamas!

How bad was the weather when you were in Andros to not be able to dive? Was it just uncomfortable or was it truly dangerous (lightning)?

I sure as heck hope that they will take us out in anything short of truly dangerous conditions, because that is the primary reason for my Andros portion of the trip!!

Simple wind and rain shouldn't be a problem because once you start down, you won't know (or care) what is happening on the surface?? Is that true??

Thanks!

Edited: 24 September 2012, 21:53
Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just 40 days until I'm back in the Bahamas!

We were only there for 4 days and were going to do the Discover Scuba course with them which is done in the shallow water at the pier (we got stiffed by our local dive shop a-hole who took $600 we paid to get certified before the trip which he couldn't do because he had more students than usual due to offering a Groupon - ok rant over). There was a cold front that lasted 3 of the 4 days we were there, lots of wind making the water very choppy. They cancelled any snorkeling and Discover Scuba for those days. If the weather is bad, they can still dive if it's not too bad. That or they'll take people to the inland Blue Hold to dive but that doesn't look like much fun and it may just be to complete certifications. There's nothing to see and the water is murky (I know, I jumped in and my husband was totally spooked out about it). Hopefully you will get to experience diving on the 3rd largest barrier reef in the world! We'll have to return one day, once we're certified.

4. Re: Just 40 days until I'm back in the Bahamas!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:18