We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon or Atlantis? One day two choices

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon or Atlantis? One day two choices

Our cruise ship stops in Nassau from 8am-5pm first week of December. I'm not even sure what the water is like that time of year, but we are trying to figure out what excursion we would like to do.

I'm kind of stuck between two options, what will give us the best experience for the money. The first is Blue Lagoon Island beach day ($65pp), I liked that once there we could pay a small amount to get a picture with the dolphins without having to splurge to do the swim and it includes lunch.

My question about that though is how different is it from an actual beach? Is the water dirty? Is there room for swimming, is the water too cold?

The other option is an Atlantis day pass. I was told for $55.00 pp you get the tour of the dig/Aquariums and access to all Atlantis resort beaches and lagoons, etc, We are not into water slides so that would be great for us. But the dolphins seem like such an amazing experience to pass up.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon or Atlantis? One day two choices

Water should be fine, but starting to cool off a bit.

Blue lagoon is shallow water and keeps warmer, especially on sunny days.

And of course, watching the dolphins is a perk.

As for Atlantis.. I'm not sure the package you mentioned is correct. Last time i heard, the DIGS tour was $40, which does not include the beach or lagoons,

And the beach tour was $69 but does not include lagoons, pools or slides.

(lunch included) Beach tour includes the aquarium and predator lagoon which is an exhibit, not a swimmig lagoon.

This may have changed recently. Atlantis Beach day is not worth it in my opinion

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon or Atlantis? One day two choices

shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Nassau-Caribbean-Cr… This is was the link for the beach excursion I was looking at for Blue Lagoon says $65 pp.

And then for Atlantis I was going off of a past post tripadvisor.com/…7370875 Though this was from 2007 but I was hoping the prices would be the same.

I guess what we're really wondering is how great is the aquarium? Would we feel like we missed out if we did that instead of the lagoon day. I'm leaning toward Blue Lagoon my husband who would rather be busy than lay on the beach is leaning the other way :)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon or Atlantis? One day two choices

Update: I think I have made my decision based on some more reviews. We will go to the beach day. I think the aquarium is something my son would enjoy more and since he will not be coming I'd rather do some more "hands on" things like playing in the water we don't often get to do when traveling with him.

Thanks for the help TripAdvisor! :)

4. Re: Blue Lagoon or Atlantis? One day two choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:19