We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

Hi. I could sure use some help. I've looked at so many Caribbean Islands that I'm going cross-eyed. We've been to Grand Cayman and loved the beach there and the condo we rented, but we want to try another island, For various reasons, I've eliminated many places--the main reason being that we live in California, and the time it takes to get to some places is just too much. It doesn't always depend on distance, but on the number of stops and length of layovers.

Anyway, what we're looking for in the Bahamas are the following:

1) a beachfront 2-bedroom condo on a beautiful, clean beach with calm, warm waters. One must-have is being able to walk out our door and essentially be on the beach.

2) Safe, relatively quiet area, but still close enough to either walk to restaurants/grocery store or drive a short distance.

As you can see, our needs are specific but few. We don't need nightlife or resort amenities onsite (bar, water sports, etc.)--we don't mind having to seek them out.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it. Oh, and in case you're wondering why we just don't go to Hawaii since it's so close: We fell in love with the Caribbean--the calm, warm water and the complete away-from-it-all feeling. I investigated beaches in Hawaii, but even the calmest ones can be very unpredictable.

Thank you so much!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

We like Grand Bahama Island, you would fly into Freeport. There are places right on the beach I'm sure some rentals. It's a big island, but easy to navigate. It's 80 miles from Florida and easy for us to travel to for long weekend trips, so it works for us. Been to Nassau, just not our style.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

Thanks, Mike! I will look into Grand Bahama. I did find a place that looks good on Paradise Island, though I'm concerned about the proximity to Atlantis.

bahamas
Level Contributor
279 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

If you want a quieter place, look at Long Island...Deals Beach Bungalows might be right for you

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
314 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

Just be mindful of spring break as you get into March.

5. Re: Where to go in the Bahamas in February or March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:17