We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare Phila. to NAS

PA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airfare Phila. to NAS

Airfare from Philadelphia to Nassau is over $600. for May travel. I realize this is peak season But, it seems extremely high! Is this normal for a 2 hr flight? I'm going to California in August(also peak season) and paying half that amount. Thank you, Linda

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

It does seem high, but then again, it is high season and it is for next month's travel. Perhaps all the lower fares have already sold out. Are you flexible with dates or times? USAirways is the main airline on that route for direct flights. What about one stop flights? Or have a look at Newark or JFK for better prices -- that may help. Jet Blue usually has good fares out of JFK. I normally get a $300 R/T out of JFK, but book well ahead of time -- espcially in busy season.

PA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

I must fly out of PHL. Just checked flights for July, and they are around $500. I still think that is high for a 2 hr flight! Linda

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

The key to getting the cheapest seats on a flight is to book early. When I flew to Nassau, I used to make my reservations 11 months ahead. At that time the cheapest seats were available. On each flight there is a limited number of lowest cost seats. Over the next 11 months, I rarely found more seats on the same flight for a lower cost and even then, only a few dollars less.

Booking 2-3 months ahead, you most likely will never find lower cost seats since they've already been sold.Philadelphia flights to Nassau are usually always priced higher since there is more competition among the carriers out of Newark.

Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

It's crazy, Lngawaited. My cousins are flying PHL to NAS in June and paying over $500. They booked well over a month ago. I can fly from Virginia through PHL to NAS and pay less than they are. I always envied the direct flight travelers, but maybe it is not the best deal after all.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

What days are you looking for? I just did a search and you can get a non stop flight to NAS from PHL for $347, all taxes and fees included for May 4 - May 11. That's better than we can do from CLT ($423 pp) for the same dates. This is on US Air.

PA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

$347 sounds reasonable, unfortunately I have the opportunity to visit at the end of the month. That is when it's high, guess its due to the holiday. Thank you all for the information. I'll keep checking airfare.

7. Re: Airfare Phila. to NAS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:18