We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap Friendly Hotel

Bridgewater, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Handicap Friendly Hotel

I would really appreciate any help that you can give me about finding a handicap friendly hotel. My parents are looking to go away to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary in early October. My father uses crutches to get around. They really need a resort that has a soft, sandy beach with little to no waves. Unfortunately, it would be practically impossible for him to get into the water if there were waves. Are there any resorts with a pool that has railings to help get in and out of the pool? Also, would it be a problem if he brought a director/camp style chair with him? It would be difficult for him to use a low to the ground lounge chair.

My parents are really looking forward to this special trip and I would love if they could find the perfect resort to celebrate. Their hearts aren’t set on the Bahamas, so if you think there is a better resort in a different place, please let me know!

Thank you so much for your help!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handicap Friendly Hotel

You might want to consider the British Colonial Hilton. I think you'll find it pretty friendly. and there IS a rail going down 4 steps in the pool Easy access.

The beach is the same level (or short step down) to the sandy beach with calm waters.

They have great staff, helpful security, beach staff and a terrific concierge.

Contact them directly. I'm pretty sure they have some Handicap rooms as well.

2. Re: Handicap Friendly Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18