We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Scuba class

san francisco
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Scuba class

I am an experienced diver but want to take my daughter for our first time to the Bahamas for scuba and snorkeling. We will have about a week in January and have no idea where to go for a beginning scuba class with decent reefs.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Scuba class

which island?

san francisco
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Scuba class

I am unfamiliar with the Bahamas so am open to any suggestions. We would be flying from Miami.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Scuba class

There are over 600 islands and cays in the Bahamas so you'd need to nail down which island you'd be flying to. The biggest airport is on New Providence island (NAS) and 99% of people vacation there (Paradise Island - Atlantis). Those of us "in the know" will fly there and connect to one of the "out islands". There are some direct flights from Miami to the Out Islands, Eleuthera for example.

We did our first dive with Stella Maris on Long Island. The reefs are beautiful and the divemaster Robert took really good care of us. Our instruction was done by Peter, one of the owners. We just got back last month and dove with them again.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 18:29
4. Re: Resort Scuba class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:18