We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

october weather

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
october weather

Hi,

My family and I are going to atlantis october 19th. Just making sure it is warm enough to swim...and just how the weather is in general. Any help would be greatly appreachiated!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: october weather

The sea is still warm and comfortable to swim in October. Today in the Bahamas the surf temp. is in the mid 80's F..

However, to quote my regular taxi driver, October is a very rainy month in the Bahamas. Average monthly rainfall in the Bahamas is over 8 inches, second only to June with over 9 inches. While it may not rain every day during your visit, October is in the rainy season. Humidity is very high. With all that moisture, there is a good chance of a daily downpour lasting from minutes to hours somewhere on the island you are on.

Bring rain ponchos to avoid getting drenched during a downpour.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: october weather

Usually don't think of October as a very rainy month, although the weather sites disagree with me :)

Think it's a great month - nice and warm as described - definitely warm enough for you to swim, and float, and go say 'hi' to the fish while you're snorkeling...!

3. Re: october weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 15:04
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
492 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: october weather

You made your point a dozen times already. We get it, Sailexuma posts a lot. So maybe he's bored. Is there a law against posting 40 times a day? You keep hijacking innocent 3rd party threads to attack this guy, and pretty much shut the thread down completely.

This hostility is not conducive to the free exchange of thoughts and ideas among strangers. It's a real turn off and I for one come here far less often since you started this feud. Actually, I find the selfish 1-time posters who don't reciprocate far more distasteful than this guy. He has every right to post his opinion on anything he feels like, as often as he feels like, if he abides by the TOS.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 06:35
North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: october weather

In this thread I think wwbev711 was right to point out that sailexuma's posts are more about quantity than quality. Telling someone that they should ignore the actual weather data because it never seems very rainy isn't good travel advice.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: october weather

We went in October after Irene and had a variety of weather from dead calm hot and humid to thundershowers to a full on rage. But we still had a great time!

I think wwbev is annoyed by sailexuma because she is taking away some of the legitimacy of this site. wwbev and the other regular posters on here have put alot of time and effort into making Trip Advisor a great resource. It's not Facebook afterall. Meaningless chatter should be kept to a minimum and sail seems to get some kind of satisfaction out of posting "thanks you's" and "have fun planning" when no real info is given. When she does give real info, it's often done in multiple posts when everything should be done in one post. There is an edit button to add more info if you forgot to mention something. It does seem as if this sailexuma just wants to rack up posts for some reason and it's to the detriment of people who give good advice and those seeking that advice.

Edit: See I used the edit button! Try it sailexuma.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 18:27
7. Re: october weather

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 15:04
8. Re: october weather

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 15:02
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: october weather

My 2 cents.. when I come on to the site I look for NEW questions or comments so that I can help where needed or read something interesting. . I open post after post that say nothing but hello, say hi to the fishes, nice day isn't it, etc.

It wastes my time and is annoying.

There are chat forums for this type of thing, and TA has removed post and left messages that these "chatter" post belong in the chat forums.

Still, time and time again.. I open my post to suzy sunshine posting some chatter, or even worse...bad information.

Yes, everyone is entitled to post. But this forum is for collecting REAL useful information.

I get frustrated when I go to research something and find it hard to get good info. I can't imagine newbies trying to figure out what is the correct info from this forum.

This stuff is diluting the integrity of the site. I get complaints every day from posters asking me to do something about it.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 13:45
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: october weather

@wwbev - I've seen you mention this hacking thing a few times. Just to set the record straight - this is a lie. You have never sent me a PM.

Nor have you ever replied to my question which is - give me a number of posts a day that you are happy with, and I'll see what I can do.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 19:05