We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Suggestions

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Need Suggestions

Looking for a place doesn't have to right on the beach but would be nice, $100 to $120 a night with a pool, restaurant and a mini fridge in the room, doesn't have to be a resort, close to restaurants, bars and grocery shopping, I did have a place bookmark in Lucaya (don't know why), but we like walk-able long beaches, thought I saw a video on the Bahamas where there was a boardwalk? but don't know where, any help would be appreciated

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Suggestions

Should have mentioned we like going south in February

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Suggestions

Your price range is going to limit your options considerably, though you may find something in the out islands. Nothing like that really in Nassau unless you are willing to be well away from the beach. February can be a busy time as well, so that will inflate prices too. If you can look at a budget of $250 or so, then your options get much better. Or have a look at home rentals that may give you more flexibility though less amenties.

Long beaches are not much of an option in Nassau -- given that the few that are here are taken up by big resorts and hotels. For long beaches you are really looking at the out islands. Have a look at Eleuthera, Abaco or Exuma. There are difrect flgihts from Canada to Nassau and Exuma (George Town) and the others are through coonnections in Nassau.

Not sure which boardwalk you are referring to. Was is a town center walk or more of a nature walkway along the sea?

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Suggestions

Sounds like I am looking at the out islands Dusty, I will have to look at the video I just caught the tail end of it as I was downloading it to see if I can tell where the boardwalk was

4. Re: Need Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18