We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So just when is hurricane season? Will I get hit likely?

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
So just when is hurricane season? Will I get hit likely?

Since this is a question that is asked a lot on this board, I thought I would help out and post this graph that shows when the biggest risk of hurricane season is, so you can decide for yourself based on objective data, how much risk you are willing to accept. Not so much for safety reason, but lower blood pressure and peace of mind leading up to your trip!

hurricanescience.org/images/hss/WeatherUnder…

Even though the season officially runs from Jun 1st to Nov 30th, the likelihood of being hit doesn't really increase drastically until early to mid August, and then again drops dramatically once late October is reached.

This is no guarantee of course, but a helpful guide none-the-less

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: So just when is hurricane season? Will I get hit likely?

Nice graph. As I've read elsewhere and posted here, the season does peak the first week in September.

2. Re: So just when is hurricane season? Will I get hit likely?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:16