We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuart Cove snorkel question

Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Stuart Cove snorkel question

We signed up to do the 1/2 day snorkel trip with Stuart Cove. We have never snorkeled before and were wondering how you stay afloat? We see they provide a snorkel vest...does this keep you stay afloat or do you just tread water when on the surface? I just don't know if I could swim that long without touching the bottom to rest here and there...

Excuse my ignorance....LOL...first timer.

Mentioned in this post
Stuart Cove's
Stuart Cove's
559 Reviews
New Providence Island
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuart Cove snorkel question

The snorkel vest is inflatable. You can put as much or as little air in it as you wish. The vest keeps you afloat. You don't tread water, you just lie prone and float with your face in the water, and kick your legs

The people on the boat will help you out. They are very professional and used to first timers. They are dedicated to your safety and enjoyment.

Just relax....you will enjoy this excursion.

Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuart Cove snorkel question

Hello!

My husband and I have never been snorkelling there but have other places. My husband is not a strong swimmer at all. However, just with flippers and the salt water he is able to snorkel for at least an hour at a time. If they provide you with vests as well you will have no problems. You will stay afloat with no problems of treading.

HAVE a great time.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuart Cove snorkel question

Ihata, please know that Stuart Cove is a very good operation. If you let them know that you never snorkeled before they will watch out for you so no need to feel alarmed. Plenty of people that will be on the boat with you probably have never snorkeled before either, so don't worry. Also the water is pretty deep so there really isn't any "treading" water. The life jackets will keep you afloat, just lie back on your chest side, goggles in water and kick your feet. You will love it! If you should get tired they have a "life line" that you can hold onto to catch your breath or second wind, but it should tire you out.

Have the best time and enjoy, don't forget your underwater camera, you'll be sorry if you don't have one. Also take a clear soda and some gum with you in case you can't take the boat ride and I would suggest lots of sunscreen, even on overcast days, it can burn you.

Mentioned in this post
Stuart Cove's
Stuart Cove's
559 Reviews
New Providence Island
4. Re: Stuart Cove snorkel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:18