We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

We mostly want to snorkel while we are there, hopefully off of a beach (without having to take a boat trip) I don't care about being "right" in the action, however, I do want a location on or very near the water. We do not want an all inclusive. My husband does not want a "run down" property. Ideally I would like a small frig for the room or a kitchenette. I am having a hard time finding what I want for less than $150 per night! We are going in June, I thought that would be easier, since it isn't high season! I would consider a bed and breakfast or inn as well. My boys are 3, 10, and 11. Any suggestions!?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Try the www.vrbo.com website. You may be able to find a condo/timeshare in that price range.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Take a look at Orange Hill Inn. It's across the street from a very nice beach. And your not far from town or Cable Beach. (the jitney runs on in front of the hotel.

http://www.orangehill.com

Most hotels don't allow 5 in a room. Orange Hill has an apartment that might suit you.

Yul
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Hi,

We just got back from the Orange Hill with our three kids - we had a room with two queen beds and one single bed and we were just fine. It's not a brand new hotel but it's clean and relaxed. The room had a fridge, a microwave and a toaster that made our food bill a lot less than always eating out (very expensive !!!). From what we saw, if you don't take a boat out to sea, you will not find great snorkeling around the beaches. If you want more info, you can e-mail me.

glorieux@juno.com

new jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

for the time of your life, stay at comfort suites, about $200/nite, and have full access to all pools, activities, etc. at Atlantis. You get free breakfast every morning and a fridge in the room. You can even pack a small cooler and bring to atlantis if you don't want to pay the food prices there but they are not as ridiculous as you thing if you tend to be conservative. It is really someplace to take the kids that they will never forget.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Comfort Suites is a wonderful alternative to Atlantis, but this time of year, it's running about $240 plus taxes etc. Additionally, Comfort Suites won't allow 5 to a room.

Villas or an apartment, like Orange Hlll are a good solution to the 5 person dilemna.

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Try Redweek.com they rent out time shares. Prices are lower and you can rent out a two bedroom unit, full kitchen , 2 baths around $150

per night. We are renting at West Wind II, located near all the major hotels.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help finding a reasonable place to stay with 3 kids...

Watch ebay. You might find Harborside resort or a ind. owned condo on beach for the week. I did Harborside cheaper than COmfort by watching ebay