We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

Johns Island, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

We will be arriving by air on December 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM. Will we be able to secure a cab to take us to Palm Cay Marina, and what would be the approximate rate?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

A taxi for two to downtown Nassau costs $27 plus a tip. Being the ride to Palm Cay is a good bit further I would venture to guess the cost would be around $40 or so plus tip.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 01:20
Johns Island, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

Thanks for the heads up reply. Do the jitneys go to Palm Cay Marina?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,504 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

I do not know if they go there. Others here living on New Providence may be able to answer your question.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

For Palm Cay Marina, you may actually wish to rent a car, I have never taken a jitney there and dont remember seeing one. I drive rental car when I head out that way. From the Airport, palm cay is about the farthest point you can go on new providence island....;p

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

From what I understand there are no buses/jitneys at the airport. When you walk outside go to the 2nd curb and a bit to your right and there is a line of taxis waiting. There's usually someone in uniform directing you to the next taxi waiting.

I would NOT want to drive around New Providence unless I was VERY familiar with the roads. With the roundabouts and road construction, it's just too crazy for us. We are used to driving in the Out Islands where there is just 1 main road and no traffic or traffic signs/stoplights.

Johns Island, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'm meeting friends on their sailing yacht and then we're leaving for a week, so a rental car wouldn't work for me. I had read where the Jitneys went all around the island and on the eastern side, but can find no other verification. I guess I'll have to take the $40-$50 taxi ride.

7. Re: Taxi from Airport to Palm Cay marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about New Providence Island