We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hammerheads and other restaurants around atlantis

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
hammerheads and other restaurants around atlantis

hello guys,

i am coming to paradise island staying at comfor suites on june 1st staying for a week and i was looking for suggestions. i heard hammerheads had jerk chicken that was pretty good so i wanted to try that. we were thinking of walking over in the evening for dinner one night would that be ok or is the area sketchy at night?. also we were thinking of trying bimini rd one night has anyone tried it lately and how was it?. other than that looking for other good suggestions around the area of the marketplace,atlantis, or just over the bridges. and has anyone had an issue with bugs or anything staying on the bottom levels of comfort suites facing the pool?..

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hammerheads and other restaurants around atlantis

Walking over the bridge after dark is sketchy. The area is not great.. But if you walk over while it's still light out, you can get the staff to hail you a cab to get back.

PLEASE make it a point not to wander around the area late at night. Even if you are tempted after a few drinks.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 18:11
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hammerheads and other restaurants around atlantis

Scuba's advice, as usual, is spot on. This is not an area to wander around at night. Take a taxi, and either arrange for them to come back for you at a certain time, or ask the staff to call you one. And don't accept any taxis other than ones with bonafide taxi plates -- distinguishable as yellow and black license plates beginning in NP - the only exceptions to the are ones that begin with TC - and are licensed tour cars.

A couple other places to check out -- Green Parrot and Poop Deck. Both offer dockside dining and harbour views with similar menus and ambiance as Hammerheads.

Snellville, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hammerheads and other restaurants around atlantis

Yes I looked at the poop deck but saw some bad reviews . How did you like it? What is the menu like other than the usual conch fritters?

4. Re: hammerheads and other restaurants around atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about New Providence Island