We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love beach; comments and suggestions?

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Love beach; comments and suggestions?

Going to Nassau on a cruise ship in May with a group of 8. I read that Love beach has great snorkeling that you can do on our own right off the beach. That it is 12 miles west of downtown Nassau. You can catch he number 10 bus to get there. There are No amenities and it is hard to get too. Can anyone confirm? Also can anyone tell me if this is a good thing to do for an afternoon in Nassau from a cruise ship? I am concerned that it may be difficult to get back? Is it worth the trip? Our group of 8 does not want to spend a lot of money on excursions, but would love to spend a few hours on a nice beach that you can easily snorkel at. Is this the place?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love beach; comments and suggestions?

All that is true, except the reef is not right off the beach.;. it's about 1/2 mile from shore. Quite a distance to any decent snorkeling.

There's a few juveniles fishes along the wall near Compass Point, but nothing spectacular. If you're looking for a quiet beach excursion, this would be fine (compass point is next door, so you won't get stuck for a ride, although jitneys don't run often, they do come by regualarly.) But I wouldn't consider this a snorkeing trip.

There are closer beaches for relaxing. Paradise Island Cabbage Beach, Lighthouse Beach on the Western Esplanade, or Cable Beach Hotel beaches. ($15 entry for hotel beaches).

Cabbage Beach has a little snorkeling way up the beach to the right (east) past Sunrise and the Ocean Club. Still not good snorkeling.

The reefs and Sea Gardens are only reachable by boat.

2. Re: Love beach; comments and suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 23:17