We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to these places

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
103 helpful votes
Best way to get to these places

Hello, family is coming on cruise in December and I'm trying to plan my day there. I'm not sure if I will be exploring solo or if others will be joining me. I want to go to Graycliff as there is a few things there I want to do, also the Pirate Museum and Johnny Watling's Distillery. What would be the best way to get to these places. I don't mind walking but if I'm solo not sure if that is a good idea. If my brother joins me he cannot do a lot of walking because of his health.

Also, if I'm reading correctly there is a fort at the top of the Queen's staircase, can you be dropped off at the top and walk down verses up? I don't think either of us could make it up the staircase.

7 replies to this topic
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Best way to get to these places

There are plenty of taxis running around. You should have no problem.

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Best way to get to these places

Hi, We are coming to Nassau in October and I have the exact same questions that you did. Especially in regards to the walking and the Queen's staircase. Can you share your experience to these?

3. Re: Best way to get to these places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 November 2018, 02:02

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
7,227 posts
4. Re: Best way to get to these places

I just looked at my photos from my visit to Fort Fincastle in May, 2006. I rented a bicycle on Paradise Island for the day, yes it was a little safer to bicycle around 12 years ago, and rode up Elizabeth Ave. to F.F.. I locked my bicycle and walked over to and into the fort. I saw in the photos a sidewalk. I took that sidewalk that led to the TOP of the Queen's Staircase where i met a local tour guide who for a few dollars told me some history of the Q.S.. I then walked DOWN the steps and never walked back up. So yes, you don't have to walk up the steps to experience it if you tour F.F. first.

That may ability may have changed in the area since 2006 but I doubt it very much.

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
129 reviews
103 helpful votes
5. Re: Best way to get to these places

Thank you all for the replies. I did notice some other cool things along the route that I Wil, probably stop at. These are just the main three. I was already thinking of scrapping Queens Staircase but everyone makes a big deal of it.

Curious about the comment that it will be fine as long as I don't go over the ridge. What's over the ridge?

6. Re: Best way to get to these places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 November 2018, 02:02

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
597 posts
7. Re: Best way to get to these places

We don't go over the "hill". Sad to say, and no disrespect intended. There are parts of New Providence that are stark contrast of each other. You have areas full of abandoned cars in the front yard of houses...but go out west...it's a whole different world. Maybe one day this will change.

Reply to: Best way to get to these places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nassau