We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

My wife, 18 month old daughter, and I just got home from 8 days at the Sheraton.

We had a great time!

I'll post a complete review when I get caught up from work.

As others have posted, if you take the time to get to know the staff around you, there are even more pleasures to be had. By the end of our week, I didn't have to ask for milk for my kid. It was delivered quickly after we sat down. And several times it was comped. Most of the lady-servers were constantly making smiley-faces with my daughter.

The beach is AWESOME! Soft, white sand gingerly breaks into the very calm, reef-protected turquoise water that never gets deeper than 6 feet.

The hotel was very nice. We ate less than half of our dinners at the hotel because of the lack of selection. But the breakfast and lunches were wonderful.

Our only problem was with Delta Airlines loosing our baggage for more than 24 hours. But that was a good learning curve for what "Island Time" really means.

There were plenty of other happenings that I need to report but don't have the time yet.

A big Thank You to the contributors to this forum. The wealth of info here helped my family have a great time.

BTW- Tip your check-in clerk. It worked for us.

Lima, Ohio
Level Contributor
173 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

Glad to hear you had a nice time. How do the rennovations look? Me and my husband will be staying at the Sheraton in May. It is our first time to the Bahamas and I can't wait.

Norwalk, Ct
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

We are going to the Sheraton the last week of March. Looking forward to your review. Did you go into town at all? I understand the taxis are expensive and the buses only run until 6 or so. Is it worth it to rent a car?

CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

No need to rent a car. Looks to be a pain to park, et al.

The most you will pay for a cab is $20, unless you are a party of four or more. There are a lot of people staying at the Sheraton or Wyndham, so it's very easy to split the fare with others.

We travelled as far east as the OG Poop Deck and as west as Compass Point, and never needed to pay more.

CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

I can't speak about the renovations because it was our first time there.

It seemed to be simplistically modernized.

But it was everything we expected it to be.

Nice rooms and balconies that looked upon the amazingly turquoise water.

Hartland, WI
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

Do you have any restaurant recommendations near the Sheraton? We will be there in 2 weeks.

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

Glad you had a nice time. Can't wait to get back there myself. What I really do like about this place is that you have both resorts next to each other and can access either beach or pool. Gotta say the beach in front of the Sheraton was nicer.

For the person who asked about the restaurants, I would recommend the Black Angus Steakhouse in the Wyndham. For us that was the only place on the property we ate at that was exceptional. Not saying anyplace eles was bad...it's a good place to eat a nice dinner. Especially the steaks...they were great!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
300 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

We returned last week from our second trip as Sheraton, plus several prior trips. The renovations look good. The lobby and Amici look great. The walkway between the Sheraton and Wyndham finally reopened and looks great, but none of the shops have reopened yet.

We stayed in the west wing, which has been open for about 8 or 9 months now, and were very disappointed with the way the fixtures are already falling off the walls in the bathroom. Other than that, though, the rooms look good. The beds are super comfy.

My favorite thing is the heated pool. I got a float and stayed in there for hours a day, with frequent trips to the swim-up bar. They have new pool chairs that are very sleek-looking, too.

We love Black Angus. My hubby loves their prime rib and I love the filet with truffle herb butter. And I love their Bahamas mac and cheese. We always get lots of room service, which is expensive, but good. Amici is good, not great, IMO. On Sundays, the buffet has crab legs, shrimp, and oysters, so we tried that and it was good. My husband ate about 15 spring rolls. Other than that, we only ate breakfast at the buffet and it was consistant and pretty good. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The OP hit the nail on the head about the service. If you are nice and polite and friendly, you will get the same back.

sc
Level Contributor
740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

There are some lovely restaurants near Cable Beach I would add to the above listings the 2 in Sandyport that are very close together at the back of the retail complex. -Provence and for a casual meal the 'Suga Shack'.

Villagios in the Caves Shopping Plaza, Indigo (casual) right on the roundabout going towards the above spots, I think its the second one, another place for a great casual meal is at Arawak Cay besides the 'hockey rink' (asphalt that is) the Sand Trap, I love their souse with Johnnycake and stewed conch- but ask first -they do not always have it.

9. Re: Just back from Sheraton Cable Beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:20