We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

We have signed up to do the Powerboat Adventures excursion and was wondering what people thought of this? Is it worth the high price?

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

I haven't been on here in ages...but if you are talking about the same trip that my husband and I took it is most definitely worth it!

There were two boats that left at the same time, the ride was fast and fun, we stopped at one of the Cays to feed the iguanas...that was really fun and a great photo op...then off to Exuma where we had lunch, fed sting ray and played "tug of war" with sharks. There are a couple of wild boars on the Cay is well, that my husband called "the wild boaring" because it was laying around a lot.

This was DEFINTELY one of the higlights of our trip. I will tell you that we were there in February and it was a pretty chilly month because of bad weather in the States, so the boat ride was pretty cold. We took a jacket along, and they passed out rain coats and we really needed them to stay warm since we were traveling so fast!

Hope this helps! I would definitely do it again given the chance!

Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

Yes, that sounds like the trip I was talking about. Were you able to play tug-o-war with the sharks yourself or are only the staff allowed to? Thanks for the info! :)

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

You were allowed to play, too. My husband and I opted not to do the tugging, but we got some awesome pitcures of it.

They do try to sell you a rather expensive DVD and photos of your trip...so if you are thinking you may want to purchase that be prepared.

Feeding the sting rays was quite an experience and a lot of fun. My husband had no intention of even getting in the water with sting rays and sharks...until he saw a few little kids in there...then he figured he better stop looking like a wimp! And he really liked it, too!

Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

I've heard they try to sell you a dvd. Do you remember what they charge for it? Thanks! :)

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

Honestly, I do not recall. We didn't buy it for one because we really weren't in it, and took plenty of pictures, and for two...I seem to remember thinking it was pretty expensive...especially after the cost of the trip (which like I said...was totally worth it).

Have an awesome trip! Now I am really missing Nassau... :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

ihata; My wife & I were there last month & yes it's expensive but there's nowhere in Canada I could get tugged headfirst (and half-shot) into a lagoon by a shark. I decided we probably would never be in Nassau again, it's only money and we were there to have a good time & it was GREAT. (Also did the Dolphin Swim-another $300+ gone, Oh well!).

It gets cool on the water at the best of times at 40 MPH+ so sit behind the driver if that could be a problem. The people up front were pretty wind-blown even at 85 above after approx. 40 min. ride. There's not much to see 'til you get to Allen Cay anyways. Bob!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

ihata; Forgot, sorry. $60 for the video & it includes approx. 100 Bahama pics as well as the days events according to Luke Skywalker the Videographer. Bob!!!

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

We were on it in December, and it was a blast. Worth that price? Not sure about that, but we did have fun. Feeding stingrays and iguanas, watching them feed the sharks, and snorkeling around.

The video was $60. As soon as we left the island, the skies opened up and it monsooned the entire hour long 50-mph ride back in the open boat with no shelter, just a raincoat that they supplied. Quite an experience. We weren't quite prepared for that!

9. Re: Has anyone been on the Powerboat Adventures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Nassau