We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions - anyone been?

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions - anyone been?

Has anyone been on the the Blackbeard Cay Stingray Adventure? Do you really swim with the stingrays and touch them and feed them? How about the Glass Bottom Kayak excursion? Is the scenery amazing?

Canada
Level Contributor
558 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions - anyone been?

I went on a few excursions however I have to say the best was a trip to Rose Island - its a private Island. You get pciked up from your resort and taken to the docks - hop on a boat (which serves refreshments)you sail past some of the most amazing propities and get a guide who tells you which famous people own what, you also sail past Atlantis which is pretty spectacular then its off to the Island. The Island is not lived on but they have facilities there -fantastic snorkeling, great luch - the sea is crystal clear. See link below might be of help.

bahamasvacationguide.com/seaislandadventures…

I did swin with the dolphins and stigray which was amazing but I believe the tour that I did no longer operates.

Hope this is of help

Rosered

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions - anyone been?

I believe the Sea Island Adventure currently goes to Blackbeards Cay.. not to Rose Island.

(Robinson Crusoe still goes to Rose Island and is quite nice).

As for Blackbeards, it too is a private island, it's off the coast of Cable Beach.. and yes, you get to swim, pet and feed the stingrays.

You enter from the beach and feed them in knee deep water.. they flock around you as soon as you enter. They are very friendly. After feeding, you can swim around in the open pen.

Here's a link to some pics from our last excursion.

travel.webshots.com/album/557806724XBomqX

3. Re: Excursions - anyone been?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 20:19