We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montana
Level Contributor
200 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

I emailed them and it is $45/per adult, and $35 for kids includes observervation of the dolphins, lunch, and beach equipment and all day access to beach. We have 3 kids and was wondering if anyone has done it and if it is worth the $$$.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

bigsky; My wife & I did the 'Swim with Dolphins' last year & it was great but I think probably too expensive with 3 kids.

The encounter has you standing on a platform about thigh deep in the water & you pet & interact (get kissed, shake hands/flippers, etc.) with the dolphins. This is probably better for children. If you look on YouTube some people have posted videos of The Encounter & The Swim With Dolphins..

Make sure you get an early time slot because there is a lot for them to do once you get out there. There are seals or sea-lions (don't know the difference) out there as well.

For that price for an all day excursion & the fun the kids would have I'd say go for it. (I think I paid about 3 times that each for the swim.)

You also get a nice boat ride with info about everything you're going past on the way there & back.

Remember, this is probably a "Once-In-A-Lifetime" deal. Bob!!!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

go for the swim if you can...much better in my opinion:)

In the Cays
Level Contributor
499 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

Big Sky travel:

I have done the beach day and it was IMO very much worth it. The island is beautiful, so is the beach, it was a nice size lunch, watching the animals was great because where they live is also all natural and lovely. There is a game area that the kids can use and the hammocks are all over and everybody loved those. The boat ride to and from the island was also very interesting - you get to see several little islands on the way over.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

I was just there last monday.. again.. it's become my favorite place to hang out and catch some sun.

Here's some photos from our last couple of trips to the island.

travel.webshots.com/album/569019735ZTMpfa

travel.webshots.com/album/570114841yENJJP

Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

Thanks Scubagirl. Great pics. I'll be there in a couple of weeks with my 12 year old daughter who is nervous on boats (bad experience on a catamaran in Jamaica) Can you tell me a bit about the boat ride to Blue Lagoon? Also, I'm getting conflicting stories on the price of the dolphin swim. I've heard anywhere from $165 to as much as $245 for the exact same thing 'Dolphin Swim' not the encounter. Any light you can shed on that would be great.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

The Ferry is a very large catamaran (under power, not sail). Tons of seating on 2 levels. You don't even have to watch the water from the interior seating.

As for pricing. You'd have to check the website for up to date pricing.

www.dolphinencounters.com

Last I heard, the Dolphin SWIM was $185 and the Encounter is $98.

If you pay for any of their programs, you are also allowed to use the Blue Lagoon Beach.. a big plus.

7. Re: Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at Dophin Encounters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 04:17