We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with one-day, last-minute, Nassau cruise stop?

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
281 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with one-day, last-minute, Nassau cruise stop?

I'm not that enthusiastic about the side trips offered by Carnival and I would rather just spend the day walking around town if that's possible but I'm having a hard time figuring out where our Carnival cruise ship will dock. Will we be within walking distance of the town? And what sort of things are there to see? My husband and I like historical sites, walking tours, museums, forts, shops, etc.

Marvelous Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Bahamas Outdoors
Sightseeing Tours
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with one-day, last-minute, Nassau cruise stop?

The cruise ship will dock right downtown Nassau. (If you go to google satellite maps, you can see the docks and the town.) There is plenty of shopping & sightseeing, and history, along with restaurants & shops, all within 3 or 4 blocks of the ship. There is a welcome centre at the end of the dock where you can get information. You can also take a small ferry accross the harbour to Paradise Island, and see the Atlantis resort.

In the Cays
Level Contributor
499 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with one-day, last-minute, Nassau cruise stop?

I suggest that you ask a tax driver to take you to Fort Fincastle, the Queen's Staircase, Christchurch Cathedral, drive past the Governor General's House past Graycliff, Villa Doyle (the National Art Museum is house there) St Francis Xavier Cathedral and then on to Fort Charlotte for the tour there.

After Fort Charlotte have the cab driver drop you back to Bay Street. On Bay Street you can shop and on your own see Parliament Square where the court and government meets and head to the Pirates Museum if you are interested in learning about pirates.

I would ask the cab driver the price and agree on it before you head out. These sites are not far from each other and are standard places they drive to. It easier to go by cab, especially in the heat. You can stop in at the National Art Gallery also.

Have a great trip.

3. Re: What to do with one-day, last-minute, Nassau cruise stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Nassau