We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

I have gotten a lot of good tips off of tripadvisor before and I hope you all can help me this time. I have 3 kids ages 6 to 3 and I would like to know is there a lot of things to keep them entertained here at Atlantis. Some people say that they are to young to enjoy this resort. Next trying to figure where to stay. I like the thought of a kitchen or kitchenette at the Reef or the newness of The Cove. My kids don't eat much so is the club level at the Royal Tower is the best thing. I think at The Cove, you have to be at least 12 to use the club amenities. I just need someone to lead me in the right direction. So knowing what my concerns are can you give me advice on what place would be best for our family.

Thanks

NYC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

Yes, there are a lot of activities at Atlantis for the kids....more so than any other hotel in Nassau.

PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

Inside Atlantis there is Harborside Resort which is ideal for families with small children. These are condo/townhouses with kitchens and much bigger than the hotel rooms -- very good value. You can find available units on EBAY or search on Google.

They have their own pool and it is less hectic. A regular shuttle runs to both other ends of Atlantis.

We were down 2 years ago and are going back in 3 weeks. Beware the food is expensive!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

I would also suggest Harborside. You can rent from an owner or through the Atalntis. We rented from an owner one year on www.atlantisfamilyfun.com. We also rented from the Atlantis directly It was a lot less expensive to rent through an owner. Harborside has a zero-entry pool which is great for little ones. Both times we were at Harborside it was busy season and the pool was never overly crowded. The shuttle service will take you to the Atlantis. It runs frequently and will cut down on walking for the young ones. the w/d were a plus for us. I like to pack light and just throw a load of clothes in everyday.

Calgary
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

Does anybody know if theres any hidden cost like the comfort suite where you have to pay for maid service and electricity charge? or is this all included in their price? thanks

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

Thanks for all your replies. I would also like to know are there any hidden charges.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

If you rent Harborside direct from an owner--meaning you don't book through the Atlantis web site--there aren't any extra charges. You will likely find the most inventory at www.atlantisfamilyfun.com but there are many other sources like redweek/ebay etc.

If you book through the hotel there are add ons--

Renting from an owner you will only get a mid week cleaning which quite frankly for us as owners is enough.

Calgary
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

i checked with my travel agent, if you booked with a travel agency, alll fees are already included

8. Re: Planning our 1st trip to Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 05:18