We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freeport or Nassau

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sugar Land,TX
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Freeport or Nassau

I am planning a trip to the Bahamas in July. I am a 35yr old mother and will be traveling with my 11 yr old daughter. I've done research on both Nassau and Freeport, but I am unsure of which island to stay on. I want to take in Bahamian culture and relax at a good beach. We will only be there for 5 days.

Any suggestions?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Freeport or Nassau

I've been to both and prefer Freeport. If you stay around Our Lucaya Marketplace, you can walk right to various restaurants. The beach is really nice and Billie Joes next to the old Sheraton (now the reef I believe) is great for lunch.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Freeport or Nassau

I have also been to both. Freeport was much less developed & commercialized. However, we prefer nassau. There seem to be more options of entertainment.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
436 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Freeport or Nassau

Have been to both and would defnately reccomend Nassau, only went to freeport once but have been to Nassau 7 times. In fact we just returned from there in Feb. and will be going back next Feb. Any other help we can give feel free to contact us.

4. Re: Freeport or Nassau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 06:20