We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

Delaware
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

We are headed to the Atlantis Royal Towers for 5 nights in mid June for our 4th Wedding Anniversary. I'm 28 and my hubby is 31. This will be our time to Atlantis. We don't have any specific plans while we are there except for the Taylor Swift concert ( I convinced him it was a must, haha!).

We won't be doing the dining plan as both of us are fairly light eaters in the summer time - we tend to enjoy one larger meal a day, and then just snacks.

For those of you who have visited Atlantis, what are your best tips and/or advice to get the most our ot our trip?

Any restaurants that are definite musts (or on the otherhand - definite stay away from?). Are restaurant reservations necessary?

Any point to actually leaving and going into Nassau? I have visited the straw market before (on a past cruise) and don't feel the need to go back there.

Thanks in advance! :)

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

Our must do on our last trip was the powerboat adventures trip. It is expensive but SO worth it. It was amazing. The other islands in the Exumas break up the surf, so the waves just lap up on shore. You hand feed stingrays, wrangle sharks, snorkel, relax on the beach, open bar, and lunch. check out www.powerboatadventures.com

The Super Nachos at the Cave Grill are big enough for 2.

The air conditioning at the free movie theater is really cold. Their snacks were room charge only.

Carmine's is an Italian restaurant in the Marina Village. The food is served family style & is big enough to feed 2-4. So, if you order the Carmine Salad for $24 and the Chicken Parmesan for $30.....then the total for both of you is $54. (Prices are just examples, but close). Their ravioli was good too.

If you rent jet skis....you can haggle over the price. At the time, it was $60 for 30 minutes. I offered them a $100 bill, told them it was all the cash I'd brought to the beach for the day . We got 2. Check your watch....tell them I'll see you at ........o'clock. Rumor has it they try to wave you in before your time is actually up. We did NOT experience this.

Blue Lagoon Dolphin is cheaper than the one at Atlantis . It includes the ferry ride and is on a pretty island. You can hang out on their beach afterward.

Hard Rock Cafe at the Straw Market area is good & reasonably priced.

Anthony's across the street from the marina Village & the Comfort Suites is good. We had the seafood pasta. My son had quesadillas & calamari instead of an entree.

Mini rum cakes are about $5....all flavors. Great gifts to bring back home to people. We bought ours in the Marina Village and in one of the shops in the Royal Towers.

At 9:00 (sometimes just weekends....not sure) is the Junkanoo Rush Out parade in the Marina Village. Don't miss this. It starts at one end & works it way down. It doesn't matter where you sit, you'll hear it coming and eventually it will get to you. Have your camera.

Have fun ! We go in July and I can't wait !

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

Bring lots of cash or a credit card with

a high credit line :-) The Bahamas

are VERY expensive.

Remember, most cards now charge a

3% Transaction Fee on all out of the

U.S.A. purchases.

Bring lots of sunscreen and hats

as the sun is very intense in the

summer months.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

We took cash.

If you do bring a credit card, be sure to call your customer service number first and let them know you'll be traveling out of the country and may be using your card.

Sometimes, they'll put a hold on your card until they are sure it has not been stolen. Especially if it is a location it has not been used before. You can prevent that by calling.....

Texas
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

If you are 'light" eaters and want a decent meal and/or appetizers (for dinner) try sitting at the bar at Nobu. You can order anything off of the menu from sushi to appetizers to full meals from the bartender w/o needing reservations. The lunches at the pools are reasonable, very similar to USA waterpark prices. For excursions, you might enjoy the sunset cruise. We did it last year when we traveled with GROWN adults only, It was a lot of fun.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

I just want to add Atlantis rooms TVS are set up like computers they have the net on them I wish I would have known there was no need to haul my lap top all the way there

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

Thought I should say the net cost $$$

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

The only thing "free" at Atlantis is the air

you breath....and the bathrooms :-)

Delaware
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

Thank you so much for the tips everyone! We are excited about our trip!

9. Re: Atlantis: What are your best tips and/or advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 05:16