We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Morgantown, WV
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

Hi we will be traveling to Nassau for a long weekend in May and staying at the British Colonial Hilton. It has been several years since we have traveled to Nassau and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some local restaurants nearby.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Actually the Hiltons Restaurant Aqua is not bad and you can also eat at the Builiion Bar..

Outside of the hotel, cafe matisse would be my first choice, then Luciano's. Poop Deck is still great for seafood, Ichibans for Japanese, Indigo for fusion, Capriccios for Italian and many more. And of course, the Fish Fry for local food, can't beat Goldies or Oh Andros for fresh fish and conch.

For casual British fare, check out the cricket club.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Within walking distance you have a few options, from fast food, local places, and upscale. Mc Donalds and Dunkin Donuts across from the Hilton. Imperial for some cheap burgers and fried food snacks also across the street. Stay away from Conch Fritters...I'll never suggest that place after finding a dead fly in an ice cube in my water. Scuba mentioned Ichabans, good choice. Around the corner is Graycliff...very upscale, and it does get mixed reviews. Fish fry is just to the west, your better off at the Cricket Club, same menu as any fish fry spot, but nice portions and reasonably priced. Also downtown, you have a few local places...Cafe Skans, Athene Cafe, Olives (one of my new favorites), Cafe Matisse, plus your cruise ship hot spots of Senor Frogs and Hard Rock Cafe.

3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2012, 18:06
Morgantown, WV
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Thank You all, I really appreciate it.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

I like the green parrot

www.greenparrotbar.com

oakville,Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

In addition to some of the recommendations mentioned, try brussels Bistro on frederick Street, just off Bay Street. Excellent Mussels, Steaks . Very good service.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

For lunch, Iguana's on Bay street is also a good choice. Works for us since we have fish and non-fish items on menu and they also have a GREAT Greek salad.

8. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 12:16