We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food and beverage stores around cable beach

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
food and beverage stores around cable beach

where could I get snack and alcohol around cable beach

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: food and beverage stores around cable beach

Where on Cable Beach are you planning on staying? There are two grocery stores in the Cable Beach area. One is City Market< it's near the Sheraton/Wyndham, Bluewater, Westwind, and Sandals. The other is on the western end of the area, and it's Super Value. Both are open seven days a week, City Market is open 24 hours, except Sundays until 5 pm. No shortage of liquor stores, between Super Value and the Sheraton, there are four liquor stores, and that doesn't include the two inside the Wyndham/Sheraton property. Prices are pretty much the same at all of them, nut their not open on Sunday, except the two inside the hotels, and the one across the street from Sandals. As for groceries, when it comes to price and selection, Super Value beats City Market easily. that's where we shop. Prices are higher than in the states, that's a fact of life here. Since a lot of the products are imported. The #10 bus will get you to any of these locations within minutes ($1.25 pp, each way) during the day.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food and beverage stores around cable beach

thank you I am staying at breezes I googled and found something on arcade liquor store on bay street

I will look into the other ones

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food and beverage stores around cable beach

I was just one two websites one listed a case of corona for $39 (it was on special)

the other listed one at $66

which is a more realistic price

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: food and beverage stores around cable beach

Beer is expensive here. Government taxes beer higher than regular alcohol. Tax is levied on the brewers, and distributors, and passed on to the consumer. Even a case of local beer (Kalik or Sands) is priced arounnd $36 or higher.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food and beverage stores around cable beach

thank you

where I live we pay between 26-32 dollars in aruba I think it was $48

so when I looked at the $66 price I wonder if the cost of living was that much more expensive then aruba

6. Re: food and beverage stores around cable beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 09:27
Get answers to your questions about Nassau