We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best month in Nassau

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
best month in Nassau

Which is the best month to visit Nassau based on weather? Also what about Eleuthera; is the north or south the best area to visit? Which would make a better trip Eleuthera or Exuma?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best month in Nassau

For me, it's May. The water has warmed up, the spring breakers are gone, the hotel rates go down, and it's before hurricane season. Another popular time is November, as well.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best month in Nassau

Thank you for your response. We went in January, it got cold for the majority of the trip so we went back in May which was great. Now we are considering going either August or wait until January again as next May we have other plans.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best month in Nassau

We are going to Eleuthera in October. After much research on the Eleuthera forum, we decided that central Eleuthera will be the best for us. We will be staying in North palmetto Point which has lots of villa rentals. That way we can travel north to certain points of interest on some days and south to the others. There seems to be a lot of options for stores and restaurants near the town of Governor's Harbor. And that's where the famous Friday Fish Fry is.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best month in Nassau

Thank you "bythesea" for responding; I am interested in the other islands as well and have seen a number of villas for rent in North Palmetto Point. Is there a Harbour island as well, and is this the beach with pink sand?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best month in Nassau

rle:

If you don't like being uncomfortable like myself with very high humidity, I would not visit the Bahamas in August. It's in the middle of the rainy season that runs from around May 22 thru the end of October. During that time the humidity is very high. With all that moisture in the air there is a high probability of a daily downpour lasting from minutes to hours where you are on an island.

My favorite month is November. The air and water are still warm but the humidity is relatively low. Average monthly rainfall in Nov. is only about two inches compared to over six inches in August and over eight inches in October.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best month in Nassau

Yes, rle, Harbour Island is the home of the famous Pink Sands Beach. H.I. is gorgeous. I've been there six times on one day excursions via the Bahamas Ferry.

You can read about the Ferry and Harbour Island at these web sites:

www.bahamasferries.com

http://www.harbourislandguide.com/

http://myharbourisland.com/index.php

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best month in Nassau

Harbour Island is off the coast of North Eleuthera. It also has its own forum so you can do some research. We spent a week there last year. We flew in to the airport on North Eleuthera and took a short water taxi over. It is a very small but very beautiful island.The sand is pink, but I think it is also pink on Eleuthera.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best month in Nassau

Thank you both for all the advice. I will look into planning our next trip to either Harbour island or Eleuthera, probably for January as I had heard that it is very muggy and hot in August..

PS Do you know which beaches have pink sand in Eleuthera?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best month in Nassau

If you look closely at the sand, you will see it is really white sand with tiny flecks of pink coral which makes it look pinkish. You could ask your question about which beaches on Eleuthera are pink on the Eleuthera forum on this website. The folks on that forum are the greatest! There are several "experts" on there as well.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best month in Nassau

thank you again "bythesea", it sounds like Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda, which is gorgeous. I will check out the forum.

Get answers to your questions about Nassau