We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguanas and Pedicures

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Iguanas and Pedicures

I've booked Powerboat Adventures for us next week - quick question related to the feeding iguana portion. I though I read somewhere that you can't have bright polished toes or the iguanas will think they are grapes. True or an old wives' tale? Going for my pedicure this week and don't want to choose "Iguana Food."

If its true, can I manage with a french pedicure or a lighter color?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguanas and Pedicures

I had pink polish on my toes and had no problems with the iguanas. You put the grapes on twigs and feed them. A friend of ours had her finger nipped by one of them when trying to feed it by hand. It didn't hurt. She just laughed it off!

Have fun! Powerboat Adventures is a great excursion!!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguanas and Pedicures

Lol! I think someone may have been pulling your leg. If you are a bright red sort of person, not to worry, go ahead and enjoy the pedicure! And if you really want to be on the safe side for the iguana feeding, just dig your toes in the sand. Out of sight and out of mind. It is a fun experience and even a nip from an iguana is quite gentle, even if a bit startling (for the iguana too)

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguanas and Pedicures

I agree with the other posts. My husband and I went on this excursion a couple of years ago (and will be spending the $200/person to do it again this year)...my toes were the EXACT color of grapes, and never once did an iguana mistake my toenails for grapes. ;) But, I COULD see how it might happen...there will be enough people feeding them actual grapes tho, so I would just enjoy the pedicure AND the trip!!!

4. Re: Iguanas and Pedicures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 22:16