We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Cable Beach

columbia
6 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Cable Beach

This is my 4th Sandals ( my goal is to visit everyone of them) This one seems to have a lot of bad reviews. I am in a Butler Suite Ocean Front Windsor......... how bad could this possibly be?

I think you have to make the best of every situation and know you are on island time...... where do you have to be anyway?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
899 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Cable Beach

We are also Sandals regulars and have been considering a stay at this one for next year. We too are concerned by the bad reviews, which are more consistent than for any other Sandals. Our travel agent also doesn't really recommend it either--her main reason is inconsistent service.

I don't think it would be awful, just might not be the bang for our buck that other Sandals always have been. Anyway, we're still debating whether to book.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Cable Beach

we've visited or stayed at all Sandals, and I have to say we won't return to SRB. However, our stay there was 4 years ago and much can change in that time. We almost gave up on Sandals due to that trip...there were so many issues with the service at the resort and other details, especially when compared to our experiences at other Sandals. BUT, they did listen and it's due to Sandals quick and courteous response that the brand kept us a customers.

That's not said to sway anyone from going there...especially as it is based on a not recent experience. I've heard good things from people who have been there more recently than us. It seems this is one Sandals resort which people either love or hate!. There is a poster on this forum, Alnreg, who has been to SRB numerous times (I think 8x) and he would be a good resource for feedback.

NJ
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Cable Beach

I was just there with my wife for our Anniversary (Aug 13th-18th) and we had 0 complaints about the service and only 1 about the resort. The beach was closed on the 17th because they were doing a photo shoot to update the website. I understand they need to do that from time to time but the middle of August seemed like an odd time to do it. A lot of people take vacations in the summer. I am sure there are other months (like maybe November) where the resort is less crowded. They did offer a free trip to Rose Island for the day. They had everything there you could get at the resort. A LOT of guests ended up going there which was nice for us because we went to the offshore island for half of the day and there wasn't a lot of people there at all. Then we finished the day at the Manor pool and had no trouble finding chairs (which is normally tough in the middle of the afternoon) because a lot of the guests were still at Rose Island. So, it ended up being a nice day but could have been an annoyance had a lot of guests stayed at the resort.

It's good you booked a butler suite. We had one. It makes the trip so much nicer. Not sure if you have gone butler before but our butlers did a nice job for us. They made our Anniversary extra special.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
899 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Cable Beach

Actually, August and September are the best time for resorts to do photo shoots as that is the time of lowest occupancy due to it being the height of hurricane season.

Glad to hear you had a good experience, though. We're still watching prices and debating whether to book next June. Our first choice would be a return to Emerald Bay, but flight schedules and price may cause SRB to be a better deal for us.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Cable Beach

We have been to 7 different Sandals resorts and SRB is our least favorite by far. We too are considering switching to another resort chain due to experiences at this resort. We really enjoy the Bahamas but not this resort. The service was very poor and the resort is really showing it's age. This was not too long back either (last week of May).

6. Re: Sandals Cable Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:17