We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights in Bahamas itinerary

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights in Bahamas itinerary

For a single individual travellers, would 6 nights be too long for Nassau?

Could someone give me an idea of how to spend 6 nights in Bahamas of staying on Nassau, is it possible to travel to tother islands as day trips, or better to stay over night?

How much is snorkelling

i

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights in Bahamas itinerary

6 nights is not too long, but it would depend on your interests. What would you like to do or see while here? I've given you some suggestions for single travellers in another post, but would add that you can indeed make day trips to other islands. In fact, this could well make your time in the Bahamas a nice blend of scenery. The out islands are very different from Nassau and each other, so it again comes down to what you would like to do.

You mentioned snorkelling. There are a number of snorkelling companies that will pick you up at your hotel and take you to their site as well as return you to your hotel. I highly recommend Stuart Cove's trips and the bus ride is almost a mini-tour of the island as well. The cost runs around $60 for a 1/2 day trip that includes transportation to/from your hotel, all equipment, 3 dive spots, including an optional swim with the sharks, and guides. You can bring your own drinks and snacks, or purchase them there.

If you stay at Cable Beach, you are within 15 minutes of the airport, thus making it very easy to take a morning flight to another island, renting a car, exploring, then flying back the same afternoon. I would recommend Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera or perhaps Marsh Habour , Abaco. Both are fun day trips.

If you stay near Paradise Island, you might consider taking any one of the various excursion boats. Favourites are the Blue Lagoon Island trip, which is a beach excursion but you can also opt for swimming with the dolphins, and the Powerboat Adventures, which take you to the Exuma Cays, where you have the option to swim, snorkel, feed the sharks, or just lounge in a hammock until lunch is served.

Others opt for the Bahamas Ferries day trip to Harbour Island in Eleuthera, where you can rent a golf cart and explore the 3 mile island, relax on a gorgeous beach, wander and do some shopping, then have a sumptious lunch before returning to Nassau in the afternoon.

You can also opt to spend a few nights in the out island and split your time between there and Nassau. With so many islands to choose from, it can be hard deciding which one to visit. For first timers, I recommend either Eleuthera or Abaco.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights in Bahamas itinerary

Sounds really good love to do Eleuthera. but looks like only day trip

as accommodation there could be like more then Nassau.

I did figure out one Accomodation on Providence Island in Nassau, a little far but at least a beach there. Hard decision.

3. Re: 6 nights in Bahamas itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Nassau