We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day visits to other islands

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Day visits to other islands

Just a question with the exception of Governors Harbour etc

Is it possible to do just day trips to other islands from Nassau.

As i rather just simplify my accommodation and stay in one spot

is it possible to do just round trip day trips same day to several of the islands.

in other words how many islands can you do reasonable day trips without a long time on a boat

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day visits to other islands

The nearest island to Nassau is Andros, and the nearest point is 25 miles. Don't know how much farther it might be to a harbor. From there the trips just get longer, with 30 miles to the nearest point on the Berry Islands, and closer to 50 to Eleuthera. I know nothing about boats or schedules to any of them, but none is going to be a very short trip.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day visits to other islands

I live in Nassau, and often do day trips or single overnights to various out islands. The easiest ones are Eleuthera (Rock Sound - points south or North Eleuthera -- Harbour Island and points north), Andros (not my favourite), Abaco (Marsh Harbour for Elbow and Guana Cay, Treasure Cay for Green Turtle and Man O War), Long Island (Stella Maris). All are reachable by early morning flights, with return afternoon flights -- these are not everyday, so you will need to plan accordingly, as some days have only morning, flights, some only afternoon, but usually a few days a week there are both am and pm flights, and some islands are better served than others. Rent a car at the airport (arrange ahead of time) and you have 8 hours or so to explore. A bit of a rushed way to see the out islands, but you do get a sense of them.

Or you can do the fast ferry which goes to Harbour Island and Spanish Wells, Eleuthera daily. It is marketed to day trippers with a round trip package that includes lunch and beach time as well as golf cart rental. Another popular day trip is the Powerboat Adventures which takes a fast boat to the Exuma Cays where you explore, swim, snorkel, relax in a hammock, have lunch.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day visits to other islands

Harbor Island is beautiful!!

4. Re: Day visits to other islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:09