We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seahorse catamaran vs.flyingcloud catamaran (1/2day snorkle)

Akron, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
seahorse catamaran vs.flyingcloud catamaran (1/2day snorkle)

Is one of these trips better than the other. I saw where I could go with Seahorse for cheaper. Looks like they are both about the same tour. $70.00 for flying cloud vs $60.00 for Seahorse.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: seahorse catamaran vs.flyingcloud catamaran (1/2day snorkle)

From what I've read here, the Seahorse excursion tends to be more crowded since they cater more to the cruise ship passengers. I've been on the Flying Cloud excursion five times and it was rarely crowded on mid-week days on the morning trips. Both excursions head over to the same area off Rose Island.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seahorse catamaran vs.flyingcloud catamaran (1/2day snorkle)

The main difference it that Flying Cloud allows access to the beach when weather permits.

Seahorse goes to a great reef, but does not have a beach stop.

For those who don't like swiming in open water.. flying cloud would be a better fit.

As for crowds, there are now 3 seahorse boats.. so they are not as crowded as they were in the past.

I enjoy both trips, but suggest Flying cloud for those who want a beach stop

3. Re: seahorse catamaran vs.flyingcloud catamaran (1/2day snorkle)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:17