We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Lunch at Fish Fry

US
Level Contributor
267 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Early Lunch at Fish Fry

Is it possible to get a quick, early lunch at fish fry around 11 on a Monday? Our ship leaves at 2. I don't need anything big or fancy, just a light bite at a food stand will do. All of the information I have found so far implies most places won't even be open and will take at least an hour and a half.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Lunch at Fish Fry

Kitchens usually fire up around 11:30am.. and quite a few places are closed on Monday. There's nothing quick about the fish fry..

You might want to find something closer to the ship. I think Iguana, Olives and Athens grill is open on mondays. They are located downtown near the dock.

CA
Level Contributor
361 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Lunch at Fish Fry

When you say Olives do you mean Olive Meze Grill? Are most shops, restaurants, etc. closed on Mondays?

US
Level Contributor
267 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Lunch at Fish Fry

I was afraid of that. Our original plan was to tour Fort Charlotte and then head to the fish fry.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Lunch at Fish Fry

Since your at Fort Charlotte, why not check out the cricket club. British/Bahamian food and they are open early.

http://bahamascricket.com/

They are located adjacent to the Fort.

As for my previous post.. I would add.. very few are open around 10ish.. but they are slow to start, and service is horrendous when you're on a timeline.

You'll also find that the menu can be limited, since they are cooking, baking and preparing for the day.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Lunch at Fish Fry

By Olives... I mean the Cafe downtown in the International Plaza. They have a nice lunch served al fresco.

6. Re: Early Lunch at Fish Fry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:18