We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals to Atlantis

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals to Atlantis

Does anyone know how much a cab ride costs from the Sandals to Atlantis? Is it easy to catch a cab both ways?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

A taxi for two from Sandals to Atlantis cost $20 plus $1 for the toll bridge and a tip. Taxis are plentiful outside the lobby at each resort.

Here is a link to the official Government regulated taxi fares:

bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fa…

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

I apologize, as these are the old rates that are still on my website.

As soon as I get the new rate card I'll update.

For now.. add about $4-5 to the base rate and $1 pp more for add'l persons in the cab.

I'll update and post as soon as I get the new rates.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

Very easy to get taxis in all the tourist areas & especially at almost every hotel lobby entrance as well as while you are walking - just make sure they have a 'taxi' license plate!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

The licensed taxi plates all begin with the letters NP.

New York
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

I have heard there is a $1 local bus. Can any one comment on where exactly you catch it (how far outside of sandals) and how long it takes? Does it run late?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

Yes there is. The #10 or #12A bus will get you to downtown and back to Sandals. They stop at the entrance to the property, and pass every few minutes. $1.25 pp each way. Buses stop running after sunset during the summer months, and at 7pm the rest of the year. Takes about 15 minutes from Sandals to downtown.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

Yes it is very easy to catch a cab. There seemed to be taxis always waiting at the entrance of Sandals in case you needed one. The cost was 25.00 each way. Same goes at Atlantis.

connecticut
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

Try taking the bus downtown for $1.25 then take a cab for about $10 the remainder of the way. Easy to get cab at the Hilton

9. Re: Sandals to Atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nassau
Recent Conversations