We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

North Myrtle Beach...
3 posts
Save Topic
I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

Hello fellow travelers. I am wanting to go snorkeling, but want to go on the the cheap. The excursions offered on the cruise ship are pricey and short. I am not afraid of public buses. Love them. Anyone have some ideas for a thrifty traveller? Thank you. I have health issues and would like to keep the walking to a minimum.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

Not many things are "thrifty" in the Bahamas. You can snorkel from the beaches for free but most snorkel excursion operators charge $60-70 but that also includes a courtesy shuttle to and from your hotel.

One of the best snorkel excursions is with Stuart Cove. You can read about it and make reservations at their website:

www.stuartcove.com

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

No really good snorkling off the beaches but if you want to do it then paying for a good trip is well worth it. Sometimes you have to pick and choose what you are going to put money out for. Two good places to snorkle are Sandy Toes (www.sandytoesroseisland.com) where you go to Island and snorkle off of the beautiful beach. The coral isn't as bright as it once was but stil beautiful to look at and you will see some great colors of fish. The have a nice lunch too.

Or you can go with Stuart Coves (www.stuartcove.com) and snorkle off of their boat. No lunch or beach but a top notch company.

Have the best time whatever you chose to do.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

Sunshine Cruises - rainbow reef is probably the most reasonably priced.

http://sunshinecruises.net/activities.html

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

Just make sure if you book with a dive company (i.e. scuba) like Bahama Divers or Stuart Coves that you are going on a boat for snorkelers, not one with any scuba divers at all... OR you could end up in 60' of water and even as clear as the water can be, in 20'+ of water you aren't going to enjoy the experience or be able to see nearly as much...!!!

5. Re: I am a NEWBIE. I am wanting to snorkel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Nassau