We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nassau in January or February.

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nassau in January or February.

We are thinking about booking a trip to Nassau in late January or early February. We want to get there late enough to enjoy warm temps but also get there early enough to beat the Spring Break crowd.

I've heard mixed reviews in the weather for that time period. Is it typically too cold to swim in the beach during that time? Also, is the island extremely busy?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nassau in January or February.

My first visit was in early Feb. a few years ago. To me, living in Jersey, the surf seemed cold. It was around 70F. With the brisk winds, at times in the low 70's F, blowing often in Feb. there the sea was a bit chilly to me to swim in. Some of the pools at Atlantis are heated but not all of them. I never went back in Feb. as it was just too cool for me, the air and sea both.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nassau in January or February.

January and February are the two "coldest" months of the year. As Tiger posted, it is a bit chilly for water related activities, but I seen people do it. Just depends on the day. If it's a clear and warmer day with no wind...it's tolerable. Daily temps can range from upper 60's to low 80's. Surf temps in the low 70's.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nassau in January or February.

I think it would be a little chilly for swimming...at least for me it would be. That's why I haven't went during those months. I'm a water person for sure and hate cold water, so I avoid those times and I avoid spring break LOL

NJ
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nassau in January or February.

If you want to swim in the ocean, you need to go quite a bit further south in January or February.

Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nassau in January or February.

Thanks for the responses. We are water people so we may move the trip to December. We definitely want to miss the spring break crowd as we will have a 1 and 4 year old with us.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nassau in January or February.

You're welcome hon, enjoy the trip and warmer waters *smile

7. Re: Nassau in January or February.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:17