We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

After going to SN and/or SWH for 4 straight years, we're looking to try something different. I'm hoping to get some feedback from people who have been to both SN or SWH and SRB. The most important things for us are a great beach, good food, and an active nightlife. Can anyone give us a comparison of the resorts? Also, we're thinking of going to SRB in April, so I would be interested in feedback about weather that time of year. Thanks in advance.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

We have been to SRB and SWH. SRB is smaller than SWH but very nice. The beach is fairly small but you can also go out to the private island for more space. My advice for SRB is to research the rooms because there are really 3 separate areas (unlike SWH where the rooms are all the same). We stayed in the Manor building which we liked a lot because of the history. Some people prefer the Windsor building because it is newer, but the Manor building was remodeled recently so that may no longer be an issue. There is also the garden area with private villas and small private pools.

If you like to get "off-resort", it's very easy to go into town from SRB. It isn't secluded like SWH.

I don't think either SRB or SWH had an active nightlife. :-) Both have piano bars. I thought SRB was romantic at night - saxophone player on the beach, fire pits.

We haven't been to SN but from what I know, SN has more open-air restaurants. Most of the restaurants at SRB are indoors.

I think April is a great time but the water may still be a little cool.

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

We have been to both SWH and SRB as well. As the Crows Fly gave great advice.

I really liked both. I do not think you can go wrong with either...but make sure you pick the room category you want. We had a beach view in Balmoral Tower and loved it. We also left the resort at SRB for a day and went into town and that was a lot of fun.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

Did you take a cab into town or did you walk?

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

You wouldn't want to walk to town from SRB. It's about 6 miles. :-) We took the #10 bus. It will pick you up right outside the Sandals entrance and drop you off in town. It costs $1.25 a person while a cab would be $15.

5. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian vs. Sandals Negril and Whitehouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:17