We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Day Pass

Elkin NC
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Day Pass

Arriving on cruise ship 8/2 and looking for a reasonably priced option where Adults, teenage boys, 9 yr. old boys can enjoy the day. All different activity levels - teens want to go and do, littler boys want to play in ocean (water trampoline/banana boat) and adults just want to relax & enjoy island beauty. We are all beach people so figured that the day pass would be a good option? I understand nearby there are vendors to do the "extreme sports". I looked at this option because of the beach and water but from reviews there is little to do other than stand in water? Alternatives? Suggestions? Or Opinions?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

Sheraton is a good option.. not sure what you mean by "extreme sports". There' are independent vendors for parasailing, banana boat and jetskis (which I don't recommend since they are not regulated or insured and have many serious accidents in these overused waters). Jetski' operators need a valid license as well.

You might look at

www.blueholewatersports.com

www.bahamaboattours.com

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

Mom2rac - Welcome to TA!!!

The day pass is one way to do it - how much is it at the Sheraton? What does it include?

Just one thing to keep in mind is that it probably won't include the things your guys want to do e.g. banana boat rides, parasailing, jet-skiing - that will add lots to the co$t of your day!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

For island beauty - I'd second Scubagirl's suggestion of doing a boat trip - I'd just make sure it's one that spends time at the beach as well as having snorkeling.

Scubagirl suggested a couple of boat trips, and here are a few more - Barefoot Sailing Cruises, Flying Cloud Cruises and Sandy Toes. Compare what they include/prices, email them to see if they have space on Aug. 2...

A day out is a great way to see the area, and you'll love the beaches at Rose Island (each trip goes somewhere different!) - and I'd think the snorkeling will keep the boys more than busy (and adults too, if they want) . Get them u/w cameras!

Happy Planning!

Edited: 16 July 2013, 15:39
Elkin NC
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

Thanks for your reply. I read your input on CruiseCritic too. I guess "extreme sports" would be the banana boat & jet ski rentals etc. Are there any licensed operations that you'd recommend?

Also is the dolphin swimming worth it? (I know that is a different direction all together). Blue Lagoon?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

mom2race,

Blue lagoon might be your best option for age groups involved. We did the sea lion encounter last year and added on the beach day pass. All kinds of water toys were available. Food and drinks are available for purchase. Clean restroom for guests a plus. Check out www.dolphinencounters.com and see if that may be of interest to you.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

Blue Lagoon is a wonderful experience, but you won't find motorized sports like Jetskis in the area. (they disturb the dolphins).

There are other things to do.. and the dolphins are viewable even If you don't pay for the programs.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

I bet the people disturb the dolphins more than the jetskis - LOL

Texas
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

Yes, there are no motorized watersports on Blue Lagoon. I would wait until you get to another port stop that has a licensed company offering the motorized sports e.g. Red Sail sports is one.

My boys (now all in their 20's) have done jet skis when at Atlantis, but it is risky. There are really no rules or regs. You deal with individual vendors. Same for parasailing and banana boat rides.

On one visit to Atlantis, I spoke with a lady whose son was on a jet ski that broke down. It took him almost 2 hrs. to be found and brought back. there have also been jet ski fatalities in the Bahamas

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

Pretty sure that Total Package - http://www.paradiseoceansports.com - is a licensed jet ski company with boat tours & also individual machines for rent right on Cabbage Beach.

For sure jet skis are no laughing matter, not only in The Bahamas but everywhere, USA included - foxnews.com/us/…

10. Re: Sheraton Day Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Nassau
Recent Conversations