We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Boarding!

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Boarding!

We are bringing our dogs with us. May like to take some day trips or an overnight trip and are looking for pet boarding in Nassau or Paradise Island. Any help is appreciated.

virginia
Level Contributor
258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Boarding!

Humane Society boards pets.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Boarding!

Pet Heaven :)

https:/…273182130120

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Boarding!

Sailexuma-

I appreciate the link. My dogs are babies and are truly our children. We are very careful who we leave them with. Wondering if you have any personal experience with this business? Thanks!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Boarding!

Hi suzybro - got a few of those kind of children myself! I usually get someone to stay with my dogs when I go away, and don't board them. Perhaps after you settle in you'll find someone to baby & boat sit when you go on trips? Maybe another boater at the marina?

Or take a trip over to Pet Heaven and chat with the people there/the owner, maybe you'll hit it off with them, or they can recommend someone? I think the owners there really do love dogs.

5. Re: Pet Boarding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 14:56
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Boarding!

Although you may think of your pets as children.. they are not.. and in Nassau/PI , they are not allowed in stores, cafes, and most other venues. Even outdoor cafes will frown upon it.

And don't forget, we have plenty potcakes and wild dogs roaming about.

The out islands are more lenient.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet Boarding!

Scubagirl,

I do not ever bring my dogs to these type of places. Would not expect it to be allowed. What in the world is a potcake? Have never heard of this.

Wwbev,

I have noticed the excessive posting. Would never leave my animals without checking the place out first.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pet Boarding!

Just wanted to make sure. So many American''s carry these "pocket pets" and little yappy dogs everywhere they go and expect that shop owners and restaurants will allow them (and alot do in the states). I even see it in the grocery stores when I'm back at my NY digs. I've read complaints from owners who have brought their doggies here and were annoyed that they were not allowed to bring them along for the day.

Potcakes are our local variety of "mutt". Generally a house dog that roams freely but many are pack dogs.

Humane Society is trying to get them off the streets, but it's not an easy task.

Something to watch for if you are walking the dog on the beach.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pet Boarding!

Thanks for clearing that up. We love our dogs but do not try to bring them everywhere with us. I would love to walk them on the beach. Are they allowed on all beaches? If not, are there signs? How will we know if a beach is dog friendly? We always keep them on leashes.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pet Boarding!

Don't really know the law.

We only take our dogs to the beach in the early am, when noone is around.

Public beaches only.

We like Jaws beach - we can let them off leash for a swim.

We do have problems with strays from time to time, we carry a stick - just in case

Don't forget, noseeums are generally out early dawn and dusk. On the beach and underbrush.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 22:42
Get answers to your questions about Nassau