We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

Southampton, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

I'm pretty new to this site and would like to know what happened to the review I posted on Oct 22 regarding Tru Bahamian Food tours.

I wrote about 9 reviews and all are either listed or pending, except this one. Although I have a confirmation email, it's disappeared.

Are we not allowed to write a so-so review of this tour? Are they paid advertisers? How does this work. I see they have only positive reviews. How does that happen.

We did the tour and were not impressed. so what gives. Anyone know???

Southampton, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

OMG - I just checked with my friend who posted a 3 star review on Tru Bahamian the day before (we toured together) and she said her review disappeared as well. Even after the owner commented on it.

Can anyone explain? Are we not allowed to post less than excellet reviews?

Can the tour operators take down bad reviews?

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

Interesting!

sc
Level Contributor
740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

if you reply to a post that orginal poster can have it removed.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

Ummm your post says 2 posts and 8 reviews so if these are reviews that you have written, then yes, they should be there. Even if you don't like a place, that is what a review is for. Have you sent a message to Trip Advisor asking them about this?

Southampton, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

Yes, I wrote several reviews and all were posted, then Tru Bahamian was taken down after it appeared to the public. I didn't slam them.. it was a 3 star review.. Said it was good, but not excellent, but no rave review .

Until now I didn't understand how it got all the positive reviews.. I guess now we know.

I requested an explanation 3x from TA, my friend did the same and neither of us got a response.

I even said I'd scan my receipt to prove we did the tour. No response.

I was the OP, I didn't request it be taken down.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

why don't you just resubmit? I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. I had one go missing but I think it was just because there was some confusion around how to post it. It turned up later.

Southampton, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

I resubmitted and so did my friend. They disappeared again.. before being approved.

We both got email confirmations, but then the disappeared from the pending list within the hour.

Like we were banned from posting. Send this to TA as well.

I even explained that my friend and I used the same computer (in case that was the problem). We live together and share a common computer.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

I just don't understand. If it was removed by TA, it would say just that...removed. There are plentyof people that weren't happy with a place, food, location or other thngs and made their reviews where they were read by those that cared to read them.

Again, I know there are guidlines to posting, but you would have seen the "removed" message or an email letting you know. I have no idea what happened and since you resubmitted you have done all that you could do.

I am sorry it disappeared and others didn't get to read what you thought of it.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

Very strange. What if you just keep trying? Make it a once a week thing on your 'to do' list :)

10. Re: Tru Bahamian - Missing Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:22