We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve 2014

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve 2014

Hi

Wondering what my options are for New Year's Eve w my boyfriend. We are staying at British Colombia - is the night party on town crowded and out of control or is the party on ny day? Where is a good place to see fireworks. Should we stay in downtown or go to Atlantis and have dinner - stay there all night? Will traffic be crazy to come home around 2 am? We live in New York City wondering if Atlantis will be to crowded. All opinions and suggestions are welcomed. Also thinking of doing a snorkel beach junket one day...... Company suggestions welcomed too thanks !!!!

Nassau Shore Excursion: Island...
311 reviews
from US$30.00*
Exuma Powerboat Adventure
71 reviews
from US$214.99*
Nassau Snorkel Bahamas Adventure
118 reviews
from US$84.99*
Special Offer
Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day from...
27 reviews
from US$74.00*
US$90.00
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

Hi Glam101 - Welcome to the TA Forums for Nassau!

Do you mean you'll be at the British Colonial Hilton? That will help with answers... :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

Keep in mind that Bay Street and Shirley Streets will be shut down from around 10pm until 10 or so the following morning for Junkanoo, so getting to/from the British Colonial and Atlantis might be a challenge during those hours. You should be able to see the fireworks from the hotel unless there are cruise ships sitll in port.

Atlantis festivities will be $$$$, so unless you have your heart set on going, you may want to look into another venue for dinner. But if you're the party types, Atlantis is definitely delivers the best New Year's Eve experience of all the hotels. Just plan to be back at the British Collonial before 11pm or after 9am the next day! Or you could join the Juankanoo party! Senor Frogs is just around the corner from the British Colonial and will offer a wild night -- and also a good site for the fireworks! Coming back from Atlantis at 2am will have your taxi taking some very convoluted routes back through less than savoury neighbourhoods, so either stay put or come back before the roads get shut down.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

Just to say that those 'less than savoury neighbourhoods' are the usual backroad detours and are used a lot - the areas are low income so not too scenic (or scenic in a different way!), but the taxis go through them on a regular basis to avoid downtown - on Junkanoo or non-Junkanoo times...

The back streets will be packed with car traffic from everyone else doing the detour as well - so I'd avoid the taxi around town more due to traffic between midnight-3am than other considerations.

It's very fun to stroll through Bay Street/Shirley Street and the Parade route after Junkanoo is done, and pick up souvenirs i.e. pieces of costumes!

Old Greenwich...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

We got comp'd at Atlantis for 5 nights AND the Masquerade Ball. I guess we do gamble a little too much !!lol... anyway, looking to find some other cool people going for New Years 2013-2014. We LOVE to party and will have some sort of fun with us. I am 47 & she is 55, but we don't look or act like it. In good shape, usually the last ones out of the bar at the end of the night. Who's coming???

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

Hi,

My fiancee and I will be there for New Years also, staying at your hotel. We are also from New York (Ok, Lake Placid NY). Let us know what you find ...

Palmer, Alaska...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

Whats the best way to get a good rate for new years party for 2015-16? Any tips?

7. Re: New Year's Eve 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Nassau