We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkling Excursions

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkling Excursions

We are trying to decide between two snorkling shore excursions offered on our Cruise. One is the Seahorse Sailing and Snorkling Tour and the other is Rainbow Reef.. Other than the duration (and cost) I would love to read some opinions on which one is better or is there no real difference.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkling Excursions

Seahorse Sailing excursions tend to be much more crowded than others since they are booked thru the cruise ships.

I prefer the Flying Cloud catamaran excursion. I've been on it five times and none of the trips were crowded. almost every trip had 10 or less guests. F.C. is a first class operation. You can read about them and make 'free' reservations via email by visiting their website:

www.flyingcloud.info

In general, most of the excursion operators all go over to the reefs of Rose Island.

Myrtle Beach, South...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkling Excursions

We just came back from nassau yesterday and what started out as a glass bottom boat tour quickly turned to snorkeling. The reef was so perfect we jumped in with clothes on! It was only my group of 8 and 1 other couple so no crowds like we have had with Carnival. Whole group loved it! Angelo Burrows with Bahamas water tours is who took us. He is AMAZING! Bahamaswatertours@gmail.com

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkling Excursions

@Rexs3sons - sounds like you must have been salty and sticky for the boat ride back, without dry clothes or towels LOL Thanks for the laugh, and it sounds like you had a great time - thanks for posting!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkling Excursions

@LKG54 - What's Rainbow Reef? Not familiar with it, or maybe it's Sunshine Cruises as well - do you have a link? Just curious.

As TV says - most of the excursion operators all go to reefs around Rose Island, or to reefs at the E end of Atholl Island. Fortunately they all go to different reefs, so you could be on a smaller/10 person trip, and not be at the same reef with the 150+ person trips. The difference in which trip you go with is how many people you go with, what's included, and the quality of the boat... and of course, the price!

In addition to Flying Cloud, I suggest you look at Barefoot Sailing Cruises and Sandy Toes. For the best snorkeling I'd say FC or BSC. These companies may or may not book directly through your cruise ship, but that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't use them - all the tour companies/excursions here will have cruise ship guests on a regular basis and be quite professional dealing with your hours in port. Also, if you're interested in doing the best trip for you, I'd suggest emailing them all directly and asking specific questions e.g. how many people do you take at a time? do you give direct booking discounts? how nice are your boats? (okay, ask for photos!) how deep is the water where you snorkel? etc. etc.

Happy Snorkeling!

5. Re: Snorkling Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Nassau