We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

Will be vacationing soon and looking at the weather forecast, it shows cloudy, rainy days for my entire trip. Does the weather change often? Will I be able to enjoy the sun and beach while there?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

Welcome to the TA Forums!!!

Have you checked lately? Accuweather is showing good things for your trip... that said, I always take those forecasts with a shaker of salt, not just the proverbial grain! If it rains, it is usually over quickly, and the temps this week are in the low 80s. Beautiful for sunning and beaching!

Fingers crossed that it stays that way for your trip & have a great time!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

Where's my basket of fresh made muffins from the welcoming committee?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

I want some too. Too late to send some to wwbev as he departed from the forums thanks to sailexuma's annoying comments.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
492 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

Can't we all just get along?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
492 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

Upcoming weather really seems to be a hot topic lately. Here's my thoughts, not that anyone cares...

I've been going to the Bahamas for the last 25 years, often multiple times a year. I have never, ever once had a total wash-out of a trip. The weather has always been gorgeous, lucky maybe, but what I've concluded is that the weather in the Bahamas is about as good as it gets anywhere in the western hemisphere.

There's no guarantees, but there's a pretty good chance the weather will be fine. That's probably why the Bahamas is such a popular destination. No doubt there are going to be weeks which are total wash-outs if a massive weather system is hovering over the archipelago, but any destination in the Caribbean has that threat.

As far as those simplistic weather forecasts on weather.com or wherever, they always show those cloud icons, because at some point during the day there may be some rain. Also, for those of us who tend to get sunburn, some cloud cover is a welcome respite from the tropical sun. If there is a huge weather system barreling down on the islands the flights would be cancelled anyway, get trip insurance if you are concerned about that.

What I've learned about the Bahamas is not to worry about the weather, just go and enjoy what ever is thrown at you. It's all about attitude. You can't possibly predict and then time your trip, so why worry about it.

6. Re: Paradise Island weather 12/14-12/20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:16