We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia's All Inclusive Plan

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
26 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Melia's All Inclusive Plan

Has anyone stayed at Melia since December 2013 on the AI plan? Can you tell me a little about your experience? We are booked there for March but based on inconsistent answers from the staff about activities, entertainment and restaurants, we are considering changing hotels to an AI that is more established. We have children of various ages who have enjoyed staying at AI's all over the Caribbean and Mexico and we find it easier to use these types of resorts while the kids are still relatively young. We were really happy to an AI on Cable Beach because friends have told us it is better and less crowded than those on Paradise Island. In particular, we would like the following:

Is there an entertainment/activities/animation crew cooridinating activities for guests?

Is there a kids club with activities?

Is there a teen club? If so, what activities exists?

Are there nightly shows?

How has the AI plan worked in terms of food and drinks given that there are still folks on european plans at the property? Meaning, do you get an armband or how are you identified as AI?

Thanks for any info you can give.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia's All Inclusive Plan

I haven't done this AI.. as I live here in Nassau.. but I have friends who work there.

Since the just took over the property, things are still working along the lines that Sheraton had already put in place. They have plans to create new dining venues, but for now, it's just the couple of places that were part of the Sheraton.

As for entertainment crew.. there was none, and so far, none have been hired.

Kids Club.. not so much.. they had a "lite" version.. which was more like babysitting. You won't find a kids' club like beaches etc at ANY of the AI's in the Bahamas.

No teen club and not much in for nitelife. There's a hotel lobby bar with a local band a couple nites, karaoke one nite, but not much else .. yet.

If you are looking for a true AI experience, I don't think you'll find it at Melia at this point. GIve them a couple of seasons to get up to speed. They are due to be fully renovated after Bahamar opens in Dec 2014.

As for how it works.. you have to show a card, sign for your meals and they are deducted from your folio.

Level Contributor
26 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia's All Inclusive Plan

Thanks for making inquires Scubagirrl, effort much appreciated. Hopefully someone will post about their direct experience. I'm considering switching hotels.

3. Re: Melia's All Inclusive Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19