We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
virgina
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

I just booked a 4 day vacation package for the Wyndham through priceline. I have read the mixed reviews of the hotel, so I know what I am getting in to. It's so cold in the Northeast now, all I want to do is get warm ! The price was too good to pass up. Can any of you travel veterans give me some advise as to how to insure that I get a decent room? I realize this hotel has a lot of problems, but it seems that some people have been very happy with their room and the service. I was thinking that maybe I should bring my own sheets,..... just in case. Does anyone have any other suggestions of things I should bring to make the stay more comfortable?

wallingford
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

room 1022 C tower was very nice with a great view even from the bed.It does have 2 beds though instead of 1.Look through reviews of Wyndham & get some room #'s with good reviews & then request them prior to arrival.It can't hurt to try.

Toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

When will you be staying?

virgina
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

February 12 for 4 nights.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

Be very kind to the desk person checking you in and to all employees for that matter. If you get something that you are unhappy with, they are much more eager to help you out.

virgina
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

Suzybro, I was thinking the same thing..... do you think I need to tip in advance for a decent room?

Thanks

Cynthia

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

LOL!!! I have not stayed at this property but am a very seasoned traveller in many different countries. I have always found this the best policy, everywhere. To tip or not to tip? You will have to play that one by ear. My best advice is to just be super pleasant, smile, say thank you and act super excited to be there. This has always been my first line of defense if a problem arises. I am nice and easy to work with. I have witnessed, so many times, the opposite. People get upset, are rude, act indifferent, make a scene. This almost always ends up with major delays and hassle, having to wait on upper management to solve something. In most cases, the nice person behind the desk can help and is willing if they are treated with respect. Sorry, I do not think you are one of those people. I have just seen it so many times.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

After considering your question, to tip or not to tip? I would not tip the front desk staff upon check in. Not sure how they may take this. If you are unsatisfied with your room and need to be moved, then I would absolutely tip them for their help in resolving it.

virgina
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

Suzybro,

Thanks, I find that works too. I also join whatever membership/rewards program that they have, even if I know I won't be staying there much. We will see how it goes!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

Any reports from anyone that just came back? I'm considering the same or suck it up and pay the extra 300 for British colonial. My bf and I really aren't that picky.

virgina
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Survival skills at the Wyndham Resort & Crystal Palace

Jessica,

I am going 2/12-2/16. I will be sure to write a review, and let you know. When are you going?