We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes water/ocean

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes water/ocean

Decided on Breezes Bahamas for an August vacation. One reviewer posted that the water/ocean had a lot of seaweed. I have never been to any Caribean Island that had seaweed. Can anyone who has been to Breezes Bahamas comment on this. I love to swim in the ocean and would be unhappy if I got there and could not. Many have posted that the pool at Breezes is dirty and lots of seagulls so I don't want to be stuck swimming in that.

connecticut
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes water/ocean

have been to Cable Beach 4 times and never had a problem. Maybe after a storm some grasses will be washed up.

2. Re: Breezes water/ocean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 14:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes water/ocean

water is great....there was a bit of seaweed

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes water/ocean

Is it all in the water or just different places? I do not like to swim where there is seaweed.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes water/ocean

it is in different places....there is none on the beach.....

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes water/ocean

Are there nice large areas on Breezes beach where there is NO seaweed or seagrass? I really am not fond of swimming in or right near it. And I love the water/ocean for swimming.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes water/ocean

I never saw any seaweed from the beach when I was at Breezes in February. I did not go in the ocean as it wasn't warm enough for me, but my husband did. He didn't mention any seaweed and I know he's not a fan either. He always comments on it when we go to the cape.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes water/ocean

My husband and I were there a few years ago. The water does have seaweed and we were disappointed at how much garbage was in the ocean. I would not go back there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes water/ocean

When we were there last weekend, yes there is seaweed in the ocean, it is not a lot. When we were there last September there was none...there are large areas with no seeweed at all....one note: if you are going to walk the beach once you leave the Breezes property line watch out for glass on and in the sand, we picked up many large peices on our walks....

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breezes water/ocean

I am so dissapointed with all the little bits of bad things about the Bahamas in general. Seaweed in ocean, glass on and or in the sand where you walk, lots of seagulls in and around the pools, rough waters at RIU Paradise Island, and on and on. I have always wanted to go to the Bahamas and the air is very reasonable from New York right now and thought this was a great time to go. I may rethink my vacation and skip Bahamas. I have traveled to many Caribbean islands and never had so many issues to worry about. Would you go back to Bahamas or choose a different island if and when you had the opportunity?