We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August-Please help

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in August-Please help

I have never been to the Carribean in the summer, let alone, Bahamas. I was thinking of a short break around Aug.14. What can I expect weather wise? its it always rainy? hit and miss? Thunder? The Melia is where I am looking at staying and really would love to go!

Please let me know!

Thanks

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August-Please help

Very hot and very humid. But the water is warm!

The biggest concern in August will be hurricanes. This can be an active month for storms. However, things have been pretty quiet in the last year or two, so there's no telling. Best to have travel insurance and not have to worry about it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in August-Please help

You're awesome! Thanks for the reply!!!

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in August-Please help

I 2nd the suggestion to get travel insurance.

I would also be ready to extend your trip several more days on short notice if the weather doesn't cooperate. I am always ready to do just that, whether flying myself or flying the airlines.

Luckily, the teleconnections in the upper atmostphere later in the summer seem to favor a quiet hurricane season due to the growing El Nino.

The odds are still in your favor of having excellent weather--heck some of the BEST weather is found that time of year, but I would come with a solid plan B and be ready to execute it if necessary.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 18:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in August-Please help

Hi Papa Fox

The reason is I will be in Japan for 4 weeks prior so that is my 'real' trip lol...Bahamas is a break before reality hits...Plan B is I guess the hotel is awesome...do you live there?

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in August-Please help

Nope, just a frequent visitor who can never get enough of the Out Islands!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in August-Please help

Excellent !! Thank you all for the advice...I have never been so I hope it works out....I need to find a partner in crime for a short jaunt ;-) THank you

7. Re: Weather in August-Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:17