We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few more questions!

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
A few more questions!

If you've done any of this, thanks for your suggestions/comments:

Bimini Road: Worth the price? True Bahamian Feel?

Best way to get to Bacardi Factory? Do you need resies for tour? And, can we combine in with shopping day downtown?

Any details on the Jukanoo Festival that runs weekends all of June? i.e., days it runs, hours, worth going? Dinner there?

Best restaurant at Arawak Cay? Is there other food to get besides local fish?

Harborside cleaning--does once a week work OK? Has anyone upgraded to daily cleaning? If so expensive/worth it?

If you were doing 1 buffet For Dinner--Water's Edge or Mosaic, and why?

If you only did Mosaic--in your opinion is it worth the $55.00 per person for us times 4?

Robinson Crusoe trip--worth it? How full and tired are you, still dinner for that night?

Has anyone done the 90 min. submarine ride in Nassau?

Thanks and have a great day!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few more questions!

Bimini Road is fun and reasonable. Caribbean.. hmmm.. I guess as caribbean as Key West. but I'd still recommend it.

Bacardi Factory has limited hours and you'll need to call ahead to see if they are doing the tour. The # 16 Jitney will take you there and you can grab one coming back.. They don't run every few minutes. but they do run often. From the Bahamas.com site:

Bacardi & Company Ltd.

Phone: (242) 362-3100

Tours are conducted Mondays - Thursdays 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Fridays 11.00 a.m. (weather permitting). The offices and plant are closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

Stores downtown open around 9 til 5pm.. so you can shop before or after your tour.. and maybe grab something to eat downtown... or head to nearby Fish Fry for a late lunch./ early dinner.

Here's a sample menu from Twin Brothers. Most venues have similar offerings.

www.bahamasgp.com/images/menu/twinbros.jpg

No schedule posted yet for the Junkanoo in June Festival.. Last year it was Friday nite downtown and Saturdays at the Fish Fry.. Running from mid day into the evening.

Restaurants that I suggest would be Twin Brothers, Seafood Haven, Briland Lounge or Goldies. Others are fine.. also.

As for the Buffet.. these two are very different. I prefer Mosaic.. but it's a bit pricer..and a bit more upscale.. If you've got kids that are looking for more "normal" fare, then save the $$ and go to Water's Edge.

Honestly.. I don't think any buffet is worth $55.

RC trip.. you can fill up.. or pick.. Chicken, RIbs, Peas and RIce, Pasta Salad, Salad, Rolls, Hot dogs, Fruit etc. I would suggest a light dinner in the evening. It's a long day. Pizza delivered from Dominos, Dinner at the Point.. or even the Green Parrot would be sufficient.

Submarine is fine for those who do not swim or snorkel.. you don't see anything that you won't see on another snorkeling trip. It's fun.. but it wouldn't be on my "to do" list until I have to carry a cane.

Haven't a clue about harbourside cleaning. Sorry.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few more questions!

I second the Bimini Road recommendation...have a mojito...they're great, and the bartenders, for the most part, have lots of personality!

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few more questions!

Thanks so much!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few more questions!

I "third" the Bimini Road recommendation--the food is good and reasonable and has music outside on the patio and it also allows you to be close by when the Junkanoo parade goes by outside--it is also nicely decorated and just a fun, casual place.

New York
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few more questions!

me too ,me too.... there is usually entainment when you are walking in ,right at the porch.prices compared to the rest /good

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few more questions!

What time of year and nights do they do the Junkanoo parade and/or the entertainment/music outside?

Anybody try the conch to order anyway you like there?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
31 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few more questions!

We loved Bimini Road…decent menu selection, reasonably priced, great atmosphere and terrific music…

As far as Harborside cleaning, we found the single mid-week cleaning to be fine….we weren’t really cooking (does toasting bagels count?) and having brought laundry detergent could throw in the bath towels every couple of days if necessary. Also, I believe I remember reading somewhere (once we arrived) that different levels/services of cleaning are available if you decide you need it.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few more questions!

We are renting a two bedroom deluxe (building #5) from an owner. I called harborside directly and the cost to "tidy up" our unit is 48.00 per day. I requested 3 extra days to have the unit tidied up. I don't know the price on other units.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few more questions!

Thanks!

nj
Level Contributor
195 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few more questions!

The Water's Edge buffet is so-so. We were there for the lobster tail night and the tails were dry and overcooked. You also get a coupon for 1 tail each.... not unlimited by any means!

On another night I had the lobster tail at Bimini and felt it was better quality for the price.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island