We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing a friends child with me

NY
Level Contributor
115 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing a friends child with me

Just wondering if anyone else has brought a child (he is 10) with them that was not related.

We are coming in July , and my twin sons are bringing a friend. What documentation do I need in order to enter the Bahamas with him. Obviously, I will have his passport. Mom is giving me a notarized note, should it state anything specifically?

Thanks for the advice

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing a friends child with me

It should have something that gives an o. k. for any kinds of medical need. you also need the notarized note for the airline you will be flying

Texas
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing a friends child with me

We have brought firends of our sons a few times with us on vacation. Cancun (Mexico) did require a notarized note from both parents, plus the passport. Bahamas only required a passport. I've always had the parents sign a medical consent along with a copy of the insurance card. Never had to use it, but it would help in emergency situations.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing a friends child with me

Just to be safe, go to the US Passport site and read what they state about children traveling without a parent. There might even be a required form on their site that the parents could print, sign, etc. that you would need to have in your possession in order for their child to travel with you. It would be really bad to get to the airport and not have enough documentation.

virginia
Level Contributor
258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing a friends child with me

It doesn't matter where you are taking a child, it's a US law to not take a child out of the country without parental consent.

Check the US Travel governement website for details..

NJ
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing a friends child with me

I never even thought about a notorized note from our daughter's best friend's parents...will be going in July also, and, of course, will have her passport and medical information. Thanks for posting this...would have been awful to get to the airport and have a problem.

6. Re: Bringing a friends child with me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island