We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

got milk?

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
got milk?

I am lactose intolerant and have to use special milk which I must have for my coffee - I cannot bring this onboard in a cooler? If I purchase milk after security can I bring onboard and then can I bring through customs in Nassau? Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: got milk?

There is a pharmacy minimart in the Paradise Shopping Center across the road from the Marina Village (Near Harborside) I am almost 100% sure that had lactaid milk. If not the big grocery store you can get to with the shuttle or have your taxi drive stop at, definitely does!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: got milk?

We found lactose free milk in two locations.

1. The City market accross from the Sandals. (from the airport) It's a brand new market. They have fresh lacotse free milk from the USA, as well as UHT shelf stable lactose free milk from Puerto Rico. They also have lactose free ice cream (Breyers). THe ice cream was ten bucks, but well worth it.

2. There is a small tuck shop at the Paradise Island Beach Club (east end of the island). Not a big place, but well stocked, and guess what...they had lactose free milk.

Let me know if I can help you further.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: got milk?

There's a City Market on East Bay Street just across the bridge from P.I. that would probably have it. They have everything else I go after. There's also a small, CVS-type pharmacy across the parking lot from the store that may carry what you need.

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: got milk?

How far is the Paradise Island Beach Club - walkable from Harborside? What about the City Market and CVS by the bridge - also walkable? Thanks for replys.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: got milk?

Hey GLM the p. i. b. c. is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from the atlantis nice little walk

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
976 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: got milk?

Do the stores sell soy milk???

Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: got milk?

Sure any of the bigger markets would have it and the pharmacy/market I mentioned above might too.

8. Re: got milk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 01:18